Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3,50GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to update my Hackintosh from El Capitan to High Sierra for a while now. It worked out fine in the beginning, but after erasing my hard disk and rebooting, I'm getting stuck at "kextd stall: AppleACPICPU" (see picture).
I can't figure out how to get pass it, as I'm not an expert. But I'm really desperate right now... I hope someone can help me.

This is my setup:
Mainboard: GA-Z87X-UD5H
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3,50GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Further information:
- My config.plist is attached
- inside the EFI kext "Other" folder I put: FakeSMC.kext; Lilu.kext; NvidiaGraphicsFixup_1.2.2.kext; 78938-NullCPUPowerManagement-1.0.0d2.kext
- No, I didn't forget about the apfs.efi
- I am not able to disable CPU VT-d (it is greyed out on "enabled")

Thanks!

image1.JPG

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.8 KB · Views: 269
@BreBo Ok, I will!
@jcds83 Is there anything else I should remove from my config.plist? Thanks!

@jcds83 Is there anything else I should remove from my config.plist? Thanks!
First you should install the latest version of Clover. See in the Clover Builds section from Downloads tab.
I've tried to cleanup your config.plist by removing all # and I can now open it in Clover Configurator.
It seems that you don't use anymore an ATI card, so I've removed all references to it.
If you have changed your graphic card, you should also make a new DSDT.aml. Do you know how to do it? If not, see here How to create your own DSDT using MaciASL | tonymacx86.com
With a new DSDT, you need to build a new SSDT.
You drop the MATS table; according to RehabMan, it is not necessary. Just add to config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true
if using the latest Clover.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.4 KB · Views: 277
First you should install the latest version of Clover. See in the Clover Builds section from Downloads tab.
I've tried to cleanup your config.plist by removing all # and I can now open it in Clover Configurator.
It seems that you don't use anymore an ATI card, so I've removed all references to it.
If you have changed your graphic card, you should also make a new DSDT.aml. Do you know how to do it? If not, see here How to create your own DSDT using MaciASL | tonymacx86.com
With a new DSDT, you need to build a new SSDT.
You drop the MATS table; according to RehabMan, it is not necessary. Just add to config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true
if using the latest Clover.
Thanks a lot for the advice!
I'm using the latest version of Clover. When I take out the MATS table, I'm getting stuck even earlier (at "MACH Reboot"), so I left it in my config.plist.
As I wasn't sure about my Graphics Card, I removed it completely. Now, this is what happens: after the second kextd stall "AppleACPICPU" message, the Apple Logo appears, but the bar won't start filling up. After a while the spinning Wheel appears. This is where I get stuck.
Any ideas? I'm kind of desperate at this point :/

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 231
Thanks a lot for the advice!
I'm using the latest version of Clover. When I take out the MATS table, I'm getting stuck even earlier (at "MACH Reboot"), so I left it in my config.plist.
As I wasn't sure about my Graphics Card, I removed it completely. Now, this is what happens: after the second kextd stall "AppleACPICPU" message, the Apple Logo appears, but the bar won't start filling up. After a while the spinning Wheel appears. This is where I get stuck.
Any ideas? I'm kind of desperate at this point :/

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back