Contribute
Register

High Sierra Boot Issue

How can I change default boot option in motherboard , its not working ?

• Apple folder in efi partition , any issue with that?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't find proper name to my motherboard boot drives ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GAZ170M- D3H
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I have fresh installed High Sierra to my WD SSD m2. The issue is that I can't open my Hackintosh without selecting the boot drive. I have clover installed. Whenever I am trying to select the boot drive in gigabyte motherboard, I am not able to set proper drive. there are lots of petitions showing. I can't understand which one is right. There is no specific name of all partitions. I have the name all of my hard drive but the names are not showing. Please help me out of this mess. And there is a folder called APPLE after boot. Is there any issue?

SPecs:
i5 6600K
Gigabyte GAZ170M d3H
16 GB Corsair
4GB DDR5 Gigabyte GPU
SSD m2 500 GB
HD- 5 TB ( 2+2+1)

Waiting for the positive revert. thanks

you want UEFI one for whatever volume has clover installed. make sure UEFI booting is enabled.

if you installed legacy instead, or didn't put it in EFI partition when installing via clover, that's why you can't find it. bios isn't going to find clover if it's on an HFS+ or APFS volume, since clover is needed to actually load EFIs for non FAT32 volumes. which is why clover needs to be in a Fat32 EFI partition so you can boot off of it.

you want UEFI one for whatever volume has clover installed. make sure UEFI booting is enabled.

if you installed legacy instead, or didn't put it in EFI partition when installing via clover, that's why you can't find it. bios isn't going to find clover if it's on an HFS+ or APFS volume, since clover is needed to actually load EFIs for non FAT32 volumes. which is why clover needs to be in a Fat32 EFI partition so you can boot off of it.

Thanks for your revert. How can I solve this issue ?

here are screenshots. Please check and revert, How could I resolve the issue. I have made APFS partition when I install the High Sierra. Please help

Attachments

• IMG_20181109_190655.jpg
    IMG_20181109_190655.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20181109_190705.jpg
    IMG_20181109_190705.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back