Motherboard
Dell 8900
CPU
i7/6700
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, this is my first post here. I have a Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron 3847 running OSX High Sierra 10.13.6. I just attempted to add bluetooth capabilities to it using an Insignia USB/Bluetooth adapter I purchased at Best Buy. Looks like it is a Broadcom BCM20702A0. I've manually placed the .kext files into the EFI partition using Clover. I placed the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext files into the 10.13 kexts folder, rebooted the computer, but the bluetooth function isn't working. I've also tried relocating them to the system/library/extensions folder and also the library/extension folder but still can't get the bluetooth to work.

I've opened the bluetooth preferences, the bluetooth keeps searching for devices without success. I should also say that the option to turn the bluetooth off is greyed out and can't be pressed. Any suggestions here? One other thing I've tried is trashing the bluetooth preferences. I'm sure it's something simple. Maybe there is something within Clover than I need to adjust. Thanks for any help here.

Nate

Any suggestions? Maybe there is another adapter that would work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back