Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H77MA-G43
CPU
i3 2120 -Sandy Bridge
Graphics
HIS HD7770
Can anyone help me fix issue with High Sierra on gpu AMD HD7770?
After installed and boot using usb installer of high sierra, the screen is black.

I've tried inject ATI, also trier copy AMD4000kext and put into kexts/other of usb boot but no result

Thanks for reading and please help.

@BreBo Thanks, I've updated my profile and also checked the topic you mentioned. looks like I no one get HD7770 works on High Sierra until now.

I've tried lots of method bot non of them work:
- Lilu.kext + wheverGreen.kext
- Verde.kext
- AMDRadeonX3000.kext
- AMDRadeonX4000.kext

Below are kexts inside my EFI boot (High Sierra USB Installer) as I have not install Clover into my internal HDD.

upload_2017-10-21_11-14-22.png

Notice: Verde.kext works fine on previous versions like Yosemite and El Capital.

Thanks

Some people got 7770 working, I had issues with my 7750 - DVI doesn't work anymore, but HDMI works with lilu, whatevergreen and radpg=15 as boot argument. I have only FakeSMC, lilu and whatevergreen, in efi/clover/kexts/10.13 , no inject for gpu, but I guess my motherboard and system is quite unsophisticated.

@semson has HD7770 working on High Sierra, can you pls upload your EFI folder?
@Pirum I tried to remove everything from kexts/Other but keep FaceSMC, Lilu, Whatevergreen kexts and boot with radpg=15, still see black screen.

Last edited:
@zeroxw Have you tried dvi, hdmi or displayport? Have you tried booting with argument -radvesa , it might work (but give really poor graphics) to get into the system. Or -rad24 to force 24 bit color depth. (for some reason, my 7750 shows up with 24 bit depth in High Sierra (and works) but 32 bit depth in Sierra (and works). Using whatevergreen + lilu. ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-7750-not-working-with-high-sierra.234451/#post-1609121 )

Does your 6670 works in High Sierra?
Yes, my ASUS EAH Radeon 6670 Silent 1GB DDR3 works in High Sierra, as far as I know with both DVI and HDMI. I haven't tried it extensively, I still use Sierra most of the time. (I dual boot on the same system, running Sierra and High Sierra)

@zeroxw Have you tried dvi, hdmi or displayport? Have you tried booting with argument -radvesa , it might work (but give really poor graphics) to get into the system. Or -rad24 to force 24 bit color depth. (for some reason, my 7750 shows up with 24 bit depth in High Sierra (and works) but 32 bit depth in Sierra (and works). Using whatevergreen + lilu. ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-7750-not-working-with-high-sierra.234451/#post-1609121 )

Yes, my ASUS EAH Radeon 6670 Silent 1GB DDR3 works in High Sierra, as far as I know with both DVI and HDMI. I haven't tried it extensively, I still use Sierra most of the time. (I dual boot on the same system, running Sierra and High Sierra)

I have both DVI and HDMI cables (I'm using dual monitors), none of them work.
I didn't try those boot args except below and all failed:
- GraphicsEnabler=No -v
- ilubeta -shikivga
- lilubetaall radpg=15
- Inject ATI kext
- Whatevergreen + lilu kexts inside /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (on USB High Sierra Installer, not HDD)

I have both DVI and HDMI cables (I'm using dual monitors), none of them work.
I didn't try those boot args except below and all failed:
- GraphicsEnabler=No -v
- ilubeta -shikivga
- lilubetaall radpg=15
- Inject ATI kext
- Whatevergreen + lilu kexts inside /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (on USB High Sierra Installer, not HDD)

I started writing a guide for AMD framebuffer patching you should give it a try here it is
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebuffers-for-high-sierra-using-clover.235409/

Thanks @carpentryplus25 I also tried that patch for HD7770 which I downloaded another guy but still no result.
Do you know if Clover can injects kexts from USB /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or we have to install kexts to /s/l/e to make it works?

Thanks @carpentryplus25 I also tried that patch for HD7770 which I downloaded another guy but still no result.
Do you know if Clover can injects kexts from USB /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or we have to install kexts to /s/l/e to make it works?
Clover will inject kexts from the there folder. However some kexts will work fine from there and some will not for example AppleHDA.kext must live in /s/l/e or it won’t work. Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext must be in the clover folders. Additionally though you shouldn’t be trying to just download some random dudes patch it will most likely fail as they don’t have your specific hardware for testing. You should follow the guide I wrote today on how to patch the framebuffer yourself. It’s very easy and even has a cheat sheet type setup at the end for simplifying the process. It was the only method that worked for my AMD Radeon HD 7970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back