Contribute
Register

High Sierra - 660ti graphics issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked "Inject Nvidia" in Clover options and can confirm I get the same result - no artifacts and no dual display. Reboot again without the option, the artifacts immediately come back.

Update: Unfortunately the artifacts show up again after several hours with the inject nvidia option checked.

Inject nvidia/True is not needed for your GPU. Most likely caused by onboard iGPU being enabled. Nvidia Drivers are buggy in 10.12+.

Last edited:
I can promise onboard iGPU is not enabled in my case- all internal graphics disabled on Gigabyte Z77-UP5-TH motherboard. This is very frustrating, as everything works perfectly in Sierra- and from looking around this problem seems to affect everyone with Kepler based Nvidia cards. There has to be a solution, something simple is likely causing this.... This also only seems to affect macOS windows (not other apps such as Chrome or VLC), so possibly this is a Metal 2 issue?

I can promise onboard iGPU is not enabled in my case- all internal graphics disabled on Gigabyte Z77-UP5-TH motherboard. This is very frustrating, as everything works perfectly in Sierra- and from looking around this problem seems to affect everyone with Kepler based Nvidia cards. There has to be a solution, something simple is likely causing this.... This also only seems to affect macOS windows (not other apps such as Chrome or VLC), so possibly this is a Metal 2 issue?

I got rid of my GTX760 a few weeks ago due to Drivers being unstable in 10.12+.

I can't confirm that, I had zero issues with my 660Ti in Sierra - at least not with the standard drivers. I remember though that when a long time ago I tried nVidia web drivers they were buggy and crashy, never used them again. This has so far been my most reliable graphics card, even on real Apple systems, pity High Sierra won't play along. :(

same issue. no final solution found, yet. only this helps temporarily:

Guys I have 660ti as well with artefacts. This is a poor workaround but works until HS gets updated.
Go to Displays-->Displays Preferences--> Click on Scaled. Mine is set to 1080P by default. I just click on 1080i or 720P wait for it to change resolutions then pick 1080P again. The artefacts seem to have gone. Must do this every time you reboot unfortunately.

Verify that inject intel is set to False not True.

It has nothing to do with patches, some kepler cards are dead with High Sierra (I do not have any inject or whathever, even no igpu in my build).

It has nothing to do with patches, some kepler cards are dead with High Sierra (I do not have any inject or whathever, even no igpu in my build).

Some cards have been dead from 10.11+. The 760 I had has issues with Safari Crashing. I moved to IGPU because of it.

thank you. i verified that. it is set to false. the issues still remain :-/

Attach Problem Reporting Files.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back