Contribute
Register

High Sierra 10.3.4 update - does printf work??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i know... Hackintosh keeps you on your toes all the time. thats the downside.
2 hours ago i lost keyboard (had to unplug and plug again). never happened the last year ...
Before i get into this world (hackintosh) i though computers were just maths repeating themselves based on comands. but for 2 years now i believe that good and evil fights inside them .... :p
i wish somebody could explain that before somebody else start a religion :lol:

caniggia, that is so true, especially with this exasperating issue that I've been dealing with over the years. At the end of the day, the solution always seemed to be to restart 4-5 times until it began to work again. Whatever selections I made from the Clover menu were pretty much superstitious. Then it would be stable for months until sunspot activity, chemtrails, Y2K, the ghost of Steve Jobs turned up. But as for maths repeating themselves ... nah.

caniggia, that is so true, especially with this exasperating issue that I've been dealing with over the years. At the end of the day, the solution always seemed to be to restart 4-5 times until it began to work again. Whatever selections I made from the Clover menu were pretty much superstitious. Then it would be stable for months until sunspot activity, chemtrails, Y2K, the ghost of Steve Jobs turned up. But as for maths repeating themselves ... nah.
Hahaha!! i couldn't agree more. And after taking a look at your experience/collection-of-classic-macs ... i want to pull my hair out and follow ...buddhism :p !
i mean, we are technology guys and we turn to superstitious puppets!!! this shouldn't be the case!! we are doooomed!!!

anyways, best thing is that we are all in this together !

I kept getting does printf work?? error as soon as I enabled thunderbolt 3 card and using
AptioMemoryFix.efi.i fixed by enabling Above 4G Decoding in Bios Boot Menu.might be worth a try for others with same prob

Thanks, @zappy39!

I was booting without any problems in 10.13.4 with the current version of Clover when I got greedy and changed one of my OC parameters in BIOS. In the past, this hasn't been problematic but I immediately started to get the "couldn't allocate runtime area" errors. Changing back the BIOS setting didn't help. Removing my Thunderbolt Dual Display EXII card also didn't work, nor did resetting BIOS. Enabling Above 4G Decoding worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back