i5-650
Graphics
Gt-710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to update my hackintosh but it's not completing the procedure(bpth via the mas update as well as the combo update). Here's what's happening below:

1) After downloading and prepping the update, I reboot the computer as prompted.
2) The software update screen appears, saying 'installing software update'.
3) After about 3 minutes, the screen fades to black, then displays the Dell boot screen and eventually displays the clover boot screen.
4) Upon booting into the MACOS login screen and then the mac desktop, the os screen still says 10.13.3.

Anybody have any idea as to why this is happening and what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

Anybody have any idea as to why this is happening and what I can do to resolve it?
You are rebooting the "install macOS from..." partition instead of the actual High Sierra partition, right? Because you need to do that until this temporary installation partition disappears and you're only left with the then-updated High Sierra partition.

Ok, I'll go with that but I've been booting from the 'hackintosh' drive(my hs drive name). So are you saying that after running the update and rebooting, I should be booting from the 'install macos from xx' instead of booting from the hackintosh drive and let the process do it's thing until the 'install macos from xx' no longer appears so the system will then boot into hs automatically?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back