Hi,
Facing a very peculiar problem with my installation. Details as follows:
MB=MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
Processor=I7 6700k
Wifi: TP Link WN881ND (AR9287)
Audio: ALC1220 (onboard)
Graphics: GTX 1060 6bg
OS= High Sierra 10.13.6

Issues being faced: Installed audio and wifi fix and working fine. The moment I install webdriver (including lilu and nvidia fix kext in clover/kext/others), graphics work fine but audio and wifi hardware are shown as not preset on status bar. Uninstalling the webdriver restores the audio and wifi.

@DevilsAdv
What did you do to make TL-WN881ND work on High Sierra?

@DevilsAdv
What did you do to make TL-WN881ND work on High Sierra?

Well finally managed to get everything working.. reverted back to High Sierra 10.13.0. installed the webdrivers first and then kext for TL-WN881ND and fixed audio (Apple ALC Method).

I tried the method given in forum (editing the plist file in IO80211Family Kext) and it worked fine. Using it continuously for past 2 days and its stable. working flawlessly. used to edit videos on Final cut.

check: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-can-i-install-tp-link-tl-wn881nd-on-sierra.220593/ guide for details.

Plz note my hardware version is v1 and it may not work on v2.

@DevilsAdv
so you're on 10.13.0. Afaik, 10.13.2 was the last to support it even if you add the 2e ID

@DevilsAdv
so you're on 10.13.0. Afaik, 10.13.2 was the last to support it even if you add the 2e ID
Well yup. am on 10.13.0. reverted back from 6 to 4 then finally to 0. if you are using intel display you can try it on 10.13.6 mine was working great on 10.13.6 but the moment I installed Nvidia Webdriver it got pissed (including audio fixes). seems like some issue with lilu.kext as Nvidia webdriver and the wifi both depend upon lilu.kext. My main requirement for hackintosh was Final cut pro.. and since it is working well in 10.13.0 I din't bothered to experiment much with 10.13.4 or -.6. Now since my main system is stable. Will install 10.13.6 on a different drive for testing and figuring out the issue..

Hi, have almost the same combo (exception is the WiFi that is original Apple).
Are you still on 10.13.0? Do you have Quicksync running?
I'm running 10.12.6 atm and have severe issues after some time (I guess it is something with nvidia drivers) like windows or animations freezing, games becoming very slow etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back