Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770
Graphics
MSI Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB + Intel HD 4000
Hi all,

I recently installed Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8037) on my desktop. For the past days I am trying to make NVIDIA Web drivers to work with my MSI GTX 1050 2GB. After the installation I run Multibeast and selected the UEFI installation WITH emulated nvram. I also selected the core graphics fixup and Nvidia web drivers boot flag. When the installation completed I rebooted and installed Nvidia web drivers (v. 387.10.10.10.40.131) with "bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)". After reboot I get the Mac loading screen and then halfway there is a message from the monitor that there is no signal but the computer keeps working in the background. If I boot just with -v I get normally to the system but with the default Mac OS X driver selected and without acceleration of course. I am using a DVI cable directly from the gtx 1050, and in the bios settings I have disabled integrated graphics and set init display to PEG. Other things I have tried by searching on the Internet: Latest versions of whatevergreen, lilu and lilufriend in /L/E/ (rebuilding cache after installation). Deleted clover folder and tried UEFI WITHOUT emulated nvram (nvram didn't work anyway according to this test: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/), tried uninstalling Nvidia web drivers and installing again using the installer and not the script. I am attaching the clover config file. I have tried everything I could find on the internet with no luck. I hope somebody can help me.

So it turns out the problem was the DVI port. At an older build of High Sierra I used to have full acceleration even from DVI. Now that I reinstalled the latest build I can get full acceleration only through HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back