Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z270x-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC
Hey guys...

So, I just went through the nightmare of my life installing high sierra on my hardware. It was 2+ weeks of toil.
I finally got it and thought i was in the clear but I seem to be having one last issue.
The graphics card GTX 1060 SSC is stuttering (Thinking to much) in creative cloud (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere) It's not extreme like it was before but it's enough to slow you down and be extremely inconvenient. This card is supposed to be a content beast... Is anyone having this issue?

I'm thinking it's just the crappy Nvidia drivers for osx as that was the problem before but i feel like im out of options here. Is anyone else having this issue with their 1060 and creative cloud?

Why can't Nvidia get their crap together? How hard is it for a multi million (billion?) dollar company to write correct drivers for their hardware? Come on.

Im hoping someone might know a trick?

Known issue with nVidia. The problem is worse when you use Adobe applications.

Get an AMD card and Adobe will fly.

You can get away with something low end like an RX560.

I posted a similar issue yesterday about how nVidia driver performance in Adobe CC has deteriorated to the point where it was unpleasant working in Photoshop. An update came out today which in all of less than thirty minutes of use seems much improved. There is much less lag, glitchiness moving sliders et al, at least in Photoshop CC and OnOne, so I hope the improvement is real and not in my imagination. Nvidia is under no obligation to update these drivers so kudos to them.
Now if only the cost of a new nVidia GPU would come down to list price . . .

I posted a similar issue yesterday about how nVidia driver performance in Adobe CC has deteriorated to the point where it was unpleasant working in Photoshop. An update came out today which in all of less than thirty minutes of use seems much improved. There is much less lag, glitchiness moving sliders et al, at least in Photoshop CC and OnOne, so I hope the improvement is real and not in my imagination. Nvidia is under no obligation to update these drivers so kudos to them.
Now if only the cost of a new nVidia GPU would come down to list price . . .

No amount of Adobe updates will help with this.

This is related to nVidia drivers and Apple's forced usage of Metal 2 on WindowServer. There are some types of memory leaks involved here and nVidia needs to work with Apple to release a new driver.

I had to sell my nVidia GPUs and move to AMD because it was getting ridiculous to a point where I was thinking of getting an iMac Pro instead. But then I went to AMD and everything is 100% smooth.

Even an RX560 works better than a 1080Ti under High Sierra in terms of Adobe applications. (except for CUDA support and speed like in Premiere/Media Encoder).

Anyway, unless nVidia updates their drivers and works with Apple somehow, we're not going to see a fix for a while.

Sierra worked well with nVidia so Apple has made really big changes under the hood in High Sierra.

Levitys, fixed in High Sierra 10.13.4 with the ...30.106 Nvidia drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back