Contribute
Register

High Sierra 10.13.3, Can't boot without "cpus=" Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've gotten 10.13.3 mostly installed, but I can't for the life of me get it running stable with my CPU. The only way I can get it to boot is with some variation of "cpus=". Usually I can boot with cpus=1, but only have one cpu thread active. Sometimes, however, I can boot with cpus=10 and at least get 10 out of the twelve threads running (6 core), but it will usually reboot automatically at some point. If I were to not put in any variation of "cpus=" then if I'm lucky I would reach the login screen for a few seconds before it rebooted.

My original thought was that the smbios (MacPro6,1) may not be compatible with my CPU, but I've used MacPro6,1 before on my old installation of Sierra with no problems. I have tried so many different smbios and clover settings that I just don't know what to try anymore.

I've attached my EFI files below. I would show a screenshot of verbose mode, but the problem is mac will finish verbose mode and boot for just a second, before rebooting.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am out of ideas.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 142
Hello ryansandlin !!! ... Have you solved your rebooting case ??? ... I have a similar problem with my computer and I have no answer for it !!! ...

I had the same issue. Just download and execute the tool, then generate kext for your CPU and put the generated kext to your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13" and "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folders.
Remove "cpus=x" and reboot.

I had the same issue. Just download and execute the tool, then generate kext for your CPU and put the generated kext to your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13" and "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folders.
Remove "cpus=x" and reboot.
Hello BAIZOR182 !!!
Thank you so much for your reply ... But my problem has gone !!!
Incredible, the answer to all my headaches was the POWER SUPPLY of the computer !!! ...
I did replaced for a new one and everything is working excellent !!! .. I think the old power
supply was not able to provide the correct voltages and that caused all the reboots and the
need to use "CPUS=1" in order to under-use the processor !!!
Best regards,
Rafael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back