Contribute
Register

High Sierra 10.13.2 and Windows in Parallels through Multibooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I'm unable to have Parallels/VMWare recognise a SSD dedicated to windows 10 (installed in UEFI through Microsoft Media Key) so to run it within MacOS. With Paragon driver or without Paragon driver.
Do you have any tip to try and solve this?
Thanks a lot.

well, after much wrangling I have got a working VM in Parallels, build 1703. I had to get my geniune MacBook Pro, use Boot Camp Assistant to create the USB and install to the local drive, use WinClone 6 to bring it across to my Hackintosh.

Oddly, I can’t boot into the partition. The EFI partition seems OK so I’m not sure what’s left to do except open up the case, disconnect my main NVME drive (to protect it from Windows Installer’s total lack of awareness of any operating systems besides itself), boot from the Windows Installer and (a) try the automated repair, just for a laugh (in the 10 or so years that’s been around, I have never once seen that f******* option work) (b) try all the options to repair whatever’s wrong preventing a baremetal boot and (c) IF none of that works, - goddamnit - go through Windows Setup from scratch for the 9,843th time in my pointless wretched existence. Thanks Trump

[edit] I forgot to ask my question: does anyone know how to disable a drive either from the ASUS BIOS, UEFI console or Clover? Just so I don’t have to keep taking my main NVME drive in and out in my quest... to get Windows working... on a PC (so confused, how is it easier to get macOS working? haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back