Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
Radeon 5450 PCIe 2GB
Hi-

I've been searching the forums for days not trying to figure out a fix with no luck so far. I successfully did a clean install of 10.13.0. I then attempted to upgrade to 10.13.1. The first install worked then restarted.

From there i could no longer finish the install as every time i select the "Install from my hard drive" it gets hung up on the AppleACPICPU error.

In Clover (i'm running 2.4K rev 4289) i've tried all the video card Graphics Injector options. 1.jpg 2.jpg

Attached are screen shots of the verbose mode.

I also know i need to upload my Clover folder, but also couldn't find instructions on how to do so if you can't actually finish the install (or even boot in safe mode).

Thanks all!

Micah

Last edited:
i also have the same issues. Even i removed my graphics card and using the onboard HD4600 still no luck.

i also have the same issues. Even i removed my graphics card and using the onboard HD4600 still no luck.
  • Please start your own new post.
  • Tagging along another post with a totally different Hardware Specification prevents proper response to the Original Poster and may actually cause problem if you try to follow the steps suggested for the OP.
  • All you have to do to start your own new thread is to Click Create New Post
  • Type a good Title for your Post that is descriptive of the main problem you have encountered. There is NO need to add HELP or URGENT Help etc to the Title.
  • The contents of the post is going to tell the story to the readers and help givers about the nature of the problem and urgency and how much information you are going to provide to get the needed urgent help.
  • Give a clear description of your problem in some detail bearing in mind that the readers of your post cannot see what is displayed on your monitor Screen nor your input through Keyboard or Mouse; ONLY YOU have access to them!
  • Typing words or pasting emoticons expressing anger/frustrations/blame /disgust etc as often seen are just wasting valuable Forum pages without helping anyone.
  • Therefore to share what only you have access to on your Computer with readers:-
    • Take Good Pictures of Screens [BIOS/Clover Boot Manager icons view/Options>Boot Args/ submenu screens/]
    • Make sure to ALWAYS Boot with Verbose Mode (-v) boot flag to get a Text based boot screen and Not an Apple GUI screen that can 'cover up' problems which the Verbose screen might show for helping with troubleshoot
    • Take Screen photos (not Videos) of any problem Verbose Boot Screen(s) and upload the image(s) to this Forum (and not elsewhere).
    • Use the [Upload a File] button right below the message box of the Forum to browse and locate your file to upload
    • For difficult boot problem, upload CLOVER folder from the Booting Disk to the Forum as a Compressed file using the following steps:
      • If it is a USB Installer Flash disk, attach it to the System it was created or any Mac/Hack you can access
      • Download and launch Clover Configurator Vibrant DOWNLOAD
      • Mount EFI >find your Disk as EFI on EFI Installer Diskname#N and click on Mount Partition button to its Right
      • Locate mounted EFI partition icon on the Desktop>EFI>EFI>CLOVER
      • Right-click CLOVER>Compress Clover>Upload to the Forum
  • Since you already have your Hardware SPECS under your login name , that part is NOT required for you by clicking Personal Details
  • If you are making a new build on a new set of hardware different from your Primary System listed under your signature, you may list them by editing Build Signature. That will list the new hardware below your message .
Hope these tips can help you get good responses and helpful tips to solve your Hackintosh issues.
Thank you for reading.

Hi-

I've been searching the forums for days not trying to figure out a fix with no luck so far. I successfully did a clean install of 10.13.0. I then attempted to upgrade to 10.13.1. The first install worked then restarted.

From there i could no longer finish the install as every time i select the "Install from my hard drive" it gets hung up on the AppleACPICPU error.

In Clover (i'm running 2.4K rev 4289) i've tried all the video card Graphics Injector options.View attachment 291415 View attachment 291416

Attached are screen shots of the verbose mode.

I also know i need to upload my Clover folder, but also couldn't find instructions on how to do so if you can't actually finish the install (or even boot in safe mode).

Thanks all!

Micah

• You have 2 options at this time depending upon your Computer setup to see if you will be able to boot to the desktop.
  • The best option is to Upload CLOVER folder as compressed file to the forum by attaching your System disk to a Mac or Hack and run Clover Configurator Vibrant and mount the EFI partition from the attached disk.
  • Navigate via EFI>EFI>CLOVER and compress and upload CLOVER as a compressed file to the Forum.
  • The less good option is to assume the problem to be an Active SIP and temporarily DISABLING SIP by giving it a value of 0X0067 through CLOVER BOOT MANAGER SCREEN after a reboot:
    • Press Del key >Enter BIOS> Make sure your BIOS options have not changed from the configurations used when High Sierra was installed and working OK.
    • Boot to Clover Boot Manager Screen.
    • At CBM, navigate to "Options" >System Parameters
    • Check System Integrity Protection Value:
      • If System Integrity Protection is NOT [0x0067]-> click open
      • see attached image to make check marks on options to make the value of SIP=0x0067
  • Boot the System Disk and take screen shots of Verbose boot screen to upload for any problem boot.

Attachments

• 1.System Parametes_SIP.png
    1.System Parametes_SIP.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
Great. Thank you for the info and tips. I'll get everything together this evening and add the info to the post.

Update: Attached is my Efi/Clover folder.

Thank you!

Micah

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Great. Thank you for the info and tips. I'll get everything together this evening and add the info to the post.

Update: Attached is my Efi/Clover folder.

Thank you!

Micah

micahbrubin :

• I checked the CLOVER folder you uploaded.
  • There are several areas wrongly configured that can definitely cause boot failure and some sections have choices which I have some concerns but not sure how it is going to affect but needs to watch as you boot and upload verbose boot screens
  • I have uploaded edited screen shots with annotations.
  • Most important and definite cause of current "APPLEACPICPU " error is in the CLOVER/kexts/Other [See edited image]
    • The kexts/"Other" Folder where CLOVER try to load kexts from, is EMPTY! This is a known cause of APPLEACPICPU error in my experience of watching hundreds of screen shots and providing troubleshoots.
    • The numbered folders kexts/10.6-10.13 are NOT needed as their contents are ignored when there is "Other" folder.
    • The 10.13 has a kext that has no need to be there at all.
    • All of this numbered folders can be sent to trash.
    • "Other" Folder must have the Latest FakeSMC.kext ( I prefer Rehabman's FakeSMC.kext from his bucket RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip) and your Ethernet. Kext Atheros > Download Now 26.5 KB .zip
    • For your EVGA GeForce 560TI Nvidia Graphics , you may also need Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. Since I have not used this card I am not very sure. Whatever reports there are in this Forum and elsewhere the posts are incomplete and offer no useful information. I suggest you should check about your GeForce GTX 560 Ti in High Sierra.
    • The current error is not from this. But I expect boot freeze at a later stage of boot and or Black screen or screen glitches.
  • Config.plist has many problem areas
    • ACPI sections seem to have too many Fixes! Some may cause more problems than they fix!
    • My approach is always not to √ any and try booting and gradually add as need as a trial basis.
    • Graphics Section is Not set up correctly for NVIDIA. The [√ ]on Inject Intel can cause issues with NVIDIA
    • Rt-Variables CsrActiveConfig is set as 0x3 . This is another cause for APPLEACPICPU error It should be set as 0x67
    • System Parameters section has no [√]NvidiaWeb for Nvidia card using Webdrivers. I don't believe your GeForce GTX 560 Ti has native support . Have you installed Webdrivers. I am also not sure it will work with NvidiaWeb driver + Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext the only option that can be tried.
  • In summary I suggest changing the contents of kexts/Other as indicated earlier, delete all the numbered folders and change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and save the Config.plist and boot and upload verbose boot screen images.
  • In my GA-H77 system I have macOS High Sierra running Radeon5450 . I had Lilu and WhatEverGreen.kext for radeon .Still because of problem with "Billions of Colors" instead of "Millions of Colors", I had to install SwitchResX to fix and it works perfectly with some fakeID + FB Name and [√] ATI in config.plist

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other _cause of Boot Crash.png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other _cause of Boot Crash.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 2.ACPI too many Fixes.png
    2.ACPI too many Fixes.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 3.Graphics √InjeIntel NOT OK.png
    3.Graphics √InjeIntel NOT OK.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 4.Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig NOT 0x67.png
    4.Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig NOT 0x67.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 5. System Parameters _No √ NvidiaWeb .png
    5. System Parameters _No √ NvidiaWeb .png
    283.8 KB · Views: 225
Amazing. I followed your instructions and the error is gone. It's been replaced by a new error that my installation package is missing or damaged. I searched around and added emuvariableuefi-64.efi to my CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI folder, but that didn't fix it yet.

The next option i saw was to create a new USB boot and follow the instructions i found in another recent post.

Tinkering to try to get through this bump!

Thanks!

Micah

Attachments

• 20171111_012110.jpg
    20171111_012110.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 142
Amazing. I followed your instructions and the error is gone. It's been replaced by a new error that my installation package is missing or damaged. I searched around and added emuvariableuefi-64.efi to my CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI folder, but that didn't fix it yet.

The next option i saw was to create a new USB boot and follow the instructions i found in another recent post.

Tinkering to try to get through this bump!

Thanks!

Micah

Try this as a Test:

Once you are on CBM screen:
  • Go to Options
  • Scroll down to SMBIOS -> and press ENTER key
  • At Current Product Name : iMac14, 2 ENTER to Select(Highlight)
  • Using Backspace carefully delete iMac14, 2 and replace that with MacBookPro14,2 and ENTER
  • Move down to Esc and back to CBM to boot and try the test.

Hi-

Thank you for the quick reply. I attempted the test, renaming the Current Product.

The first two boots cycled then the computer restarted. On the third attempt it went into the same installer error message as from before " The path appears missing..."

Here's a screenshot of a few seconds before it goes black.

Attachments

• Latest.jpg
    Latest.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 135
Hi-

Thank you for the quick reply. I attempted the test, renaming the Current Product.

The first two boots cycled then the computer restarted. On the third attempt it went into the same installer error message as from before " The path appears missing..."

Here's a screenshot of a few seconds before it goes black.
Just give me 20-30 mnts. I am in the middle of something. Will be back to check the screen shot and suggest what I can .

Edit:
What is your Current Video connection to the Display Monitor?
  • What is the Video card ?
  • What Port and Cable ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back