Gigabyte HD Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, I'm getting to know my graphics pretty well on this Hackintosh of mine, but I do have a few questions. So I have a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 with a HD Radeon 6850. I have two screens hooked up to the GPU, and I have one on the onboard Graphics, HD 4000, running Lion 10.7.4. So the Intel HD4000 is not supported, I have to force output the resolution.

My question is, is that the GPU is only allowing my two monitors to run at 1280x1024, when I'm pretty sure the Max resolution of the monitors is 1600x1200. Is there anyway I can up the resolution?

I would just update to ML.

Yes, I did try, but that didn't solve much. It just kept my displays at the same resolution. The only thing it did was support the intel HD4000 graphics.

The Intel HD4000 is only supported on ML, so user error...

For the HD6850 add these lines to the org.chameleon.boot.plist and you won't be able to use the other DVI port. Because one not working when a framebuffer is being enabled.

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Bulrushes</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

The Intel HD4000 is only supported on ML, so user error...

For the HD6850 add these lines to the org.chameleon.boot.plist and you won't be able to use the other DVI port. Because one not working when a framebuffer is being enabled.

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Bulrushes</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

Yes, I know the Intel HD4000 graphics aren't supported, that's why I have to force output the resolution in the boot.plist. I'm only using the top DVI port so this should work, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Okay, so I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is, is that when i used Bulrushes, it put me into a kernel panic on start up. The good news is, is that when I used AtiConfig=Duckweed to boot in, my onboard graphics are now supported?? It's the strangest thing. But, sadly my graphics card stays with the lower resolution. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back