UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with using 1080p in OS X with my 28-inch TV through HDMI. It of course is slightly blurry and all that mess, which I expect, but what I do not get is why the colors are off slightly. They get brighter and some seem to be missing even. In Windows 7 I can use 1600x600 res, which I know is not 1080, but when I do it does not affect color, so is something not right in OS X? Can I download some extra color profiles?

By the way, the default resolution for my TV is 1360x768, so using 1600x600 in Windows is still pushing it, but depending on what I'm doing, worth it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with using 1080p in OS X with my 28-inch TV through HDMI. It of course is slightly blurry and all that mess, which I expect, but what I do not get is why the colors are off slightly. They get brighter and some seem to be missing even. In Windows 7 I can use 1600x600 res, which I know is not 1080, but when I do it does not affect color, so is something not right in OS X? Can I download some extra color profiles?

By the way, the default resolution for my TV is 1360x768, so using 1600x600 in Windows is still pushing it, but depending on what I'm doing, worth it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If the native resolution of your TV is 1360x768 that's the resolution you should use. Using anything more will involve scaling to the native resolution (which means losing information).

How come I don't lose color in Windows?

Just guessing that there's a different scaling algorithm involved.

That's all I'm worried about, as the text doesn't look TOO horrible. The reason I need a high res' is because I use Logic Pro X and I need to see more on the screen.

Why are you using a TV for real work? Maybe a real external monitor would be more appropriate? TVs are for entertainment. Monitors are for work.

I know what each is for, but I have limited space and wanted a TV/monitor in the same space so I could watch TV or compute. The color is the only thing that bothers me badly about the high res' in OS X with my TV.

Why don't they make TV's the size of mine with high res' like they do monitors anyway? Cause there's no need because you sit back from them and don't notice the 720p? Where as with a monitor you sit close?

I know what each is for, but I have limited space and wanted a TV/monitor in the same space so I could watch TV or compute. The color is the only thing that bothers me badly about the high res' in OS X with my TV.

I would probably choose to run it at its native resolution. Anything other than native will not look good.

Why don't they make TV's the size of mine with high res' like they do monitors anyway? Cause there's no need because you sit back from them and don't notice the 720p? Where as with a monitor you sit close?

I see many 1080p TVs on amazon.com in their 32" and under category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back