CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please excuse if this is the wrong forum, but it is Graphics Related.

You guys building the high end Hackintoshes with i5 and i7 CPUs super fast graphics.. What monitors are you using. I know when I visit apple stores and Best Buys, the graphics on those macs are at least 1920x1200, but mostly higher. Is there any off the shelf monitors that we can use for our high end bulids.

thedon said:

You guys building the high end Hackintoshes with i5 and i7 CPUs super fast graphics.. What monitors are you using. I know when I visit apple stores and Best Buys, the graphics on those macs are at least 1920x1200, but mostly higher. Is there any off the shelf monitors that we can use for our high end bulids.

I think a 27" 2560x1440 is the magic number. The Dell ultrasharp is nice but it's $999 (it was on sale in Dec 2010 for $719 so there's hope that deal will come back), It's only a matter of time till they come down in price, hopefully in the next 6 months I can find a nice 2560x1440 27" in my price range.

bones123 said:
thedon said:

I think a 27" 2560x1440 is the magic number. The Dell ultrasharp is nice but it's $999 (it was on sale in Dec 2010 for $719 so there's hope that deal will come back), It's only a matter of time till they come down in price, hopefully in the next 6 months I can find a nice 2560x1440 27" in my price range.

Ive since read that some people just use Apple's Cinema Display. Their 27 inch is $999. But the Dell would be perfect if I could get it for 719. The Cinema would be super perfect too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back