Contribute
Register

High GPU idle temperatures on Catalina (RX 5700-XT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Hi, I am new in Hackintosh.
I just completed the windows 10 installation on my dual boot system, and I noticed something, the GPU idle temperature on Catalina was much higher than on my windows 10. On macOS, the idle temperatures were about 50-57 °c , while on Windows 10, much lower at about 38-45 °c .

I'm wondering if this has something to do with macOS and it is normal. thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new in Hackintosh.
I just completed the windows 10 installation on my dual boot system, and I noticed something, the GPU idle temperature on Catalina was much higher than on my windows 10. On macOS, the idle temperatures were about 50-57 °c , while on Windows 10, much lower at about 38-45 °c .

I'm wondering if this has something to do with macOS and it is normal. thanks.

You may want to check this thread out. Some users are reporting lower power draw using these methods.

@hoshenk Can you please tell me what did u use to see the GPU idle temperature? i have the same GPU, i'm using VirtualSMC with SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO, everything shows up expect fot the GPU uder iStatmenus, and the same with HWsenssor App
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 05.59.55.png

Last edited:
@hoshenk Can you please tell me what did u use to see the GPU idle temperature? i have the same GPU, i'm using VirtualSMC with SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO, everything shows up expect fot the GPU uder iStatmenus, and the same with HWsenssor App
View attachment 470459
I am wondering this same thing. I have tried the free options and several paid options. Nothing shows the temps for my 5700 XT.

Yea man me too, i've been asking for every forum there is with no answers, since i saw OP post that he is seeing the Temp.. hopefully he'll reply, and if i found anything i'll let u know, and please do the same if u found anything helpful. Thanks

@pit512 Yes i did try FakeSMC, and the same results nothing

Is there any progress on this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back