Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
A very Happy New Year to you all !
i'm a filmmaker and musician from india, looking for a beast of a machine that could help me process and edit very heavy files with multiple filters, effects, in way too many layers for what my imac has been helping me out with until now. i've never built a computer before, so i have very less knowledge as of now but i'm learning along the directions given online and help from an engineer friend. i need a mac with at least a 32gb ram. 500gb ssd memory and 3 tb hdd (also is PCI like the new mac pro possible in hackintosh). water cooling system. but primarily my problem arises with my CPU; i went through the BUYER'S GUIDE and i'm wondering if there's any latest intel CPU (perhaps a 6-core or more) that could give me better over clocking speeds than the i4770k quad core, as it needs to perform multi-tasking of heavy raw video and sound files. And if there is a mac compatible processor, then if you could please give me a list of the best suited motherboard, GPUs, cooling systems, RAMs, storage and power supply along with it ?

For CPU I think you may be interested in some of these:

-Intel Core I7 6 Core 3.3GHZ - 3960X
-
Intel Core I7 6 Core 3.2GHZ - 3930K

These are pretty powerful the first one worth around £850 and the second around £450
If you after real power then these are an option...:

Intel Xeon 6 Core 2.3GHZ- E5-2630
Intel Xeon 6 Core 2.5GHZ - E5-2640
Intel Xeon 8 Core 2.0GHZ - E5-2650
Intel Xeon 8 Core 2.9GHZ - E5-2690

These range from about £600 (first one) to about £1000-2000
I personally won't use them because of them showing some stability issues like NO sleep but some people may disagree, look for the best prices, possibly cheaper in India and go for what you think will be best!

Hi,
A very Happy New Year to you all !
i'm a filmmaker and musician from india, looking for a beast of a machine that could help me process and edit very heavy files with multiple filters, effects, in way too many layers for what my imac has been helping me out with until now. i've never built a computer before, so i have very less knowledge as of now but i'm learning along the directions given online and help from an engineer friend. i need a mac with at least a 32gb ram. 500gb ssd memory and 3 tb hdd (also is PCI like the new mac pro possible in hackintosh). water cooling system. but primarily my problem arises with my CPU; i went through the BUYER'S GUIDE and i'm wondering if there's any latest intel CPU (perhaps a 6-core or more) that could give me better over clocking speeds than the i4770k quad core, as it needs to perform multi-tasking of heavy raw video and sound files. And if there is a mac compatible processor, then if you could please give me a list of the best suited motherboard, GPUs, cooling systems, RAMs, storage and power supply along with it ?

Hey Rav,

For a 6 core CPU you'll need to take a look at the Socket 2011 CustoMac Pro in the Buyer's guide.
The best 6 core CPUs for over clocking are the X versions of the I7. 3960X or 4960X. They do cost
a significant amount more but are able to better handle pro video work than the 4 core I7's.
Socket 2011 builds do not, as of today, support sleep and Intel CPU power management. There
are 2 socket 2011 boards in the guide, I'm not sure how easy they are to get in India.

Hi,
edit very heavy files with multiple filters, effects, in way too many layers for what my imac has been helping me out with until now.....perhaps a 6-core or more.... that could give me better over clocking speeds than the i4770k quad core, as it needs to perform multi-tasking of heavy raw video and sound files.

I just reacted on the other post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...g-i7-4930k-ga-x79-ud5-gtx-770-2gb-issues.html

I think we are looking for the same hardware:
I don't know, but I also wonder if the i7 4770K will be good enough for our purposes.

Do you have an old Imac? The new Imac and Macbook pro have the same i7 4770K processor.

If that is not strong enough for you, you can pay a lot more to get a 6 core (or Xeon) hackintosh, but there are quite some disadvantages according to what I've read (see other posts, building, stability, powermanagement and who knows what will come up in future)

I think it comes down to this: If you really want a beast (with Xeon processors or more than 4-6-8 cores etc), thunderbolt, perhaps you (as I am) should consider the New Mac Pro trashcan.
We will be spending (1.5 to) twice as much, but will have a real mac that probably will work more easy, with 2 videocards, etc.
The only problem still is what we will do with all our hard disks (internal, Esata, firewire disks etc). We'd need to buy a Thunderbolt HDD /NAS /case like the Promise Pegus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back