Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H97M-E
CPU
E3-1241 v3
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hey, guys! Making a monitoring here, I noticed that when I watch videos by independent browser used browser, the CPU is right in the maximum frequency without turbo (3.50GHz) suggesting that the GPU is not doing all the decoding work to which let the CPU free. The same thing happens when watching videos in VLC, MPV or any other player.

Is there anything that needs to be done for this to work properly or has no solution?

Many thanks!

post-637410-0-77989100-1460261464.png

My bet is that you don't have proper GPU acceleration which would increase the reliance on the CPU.
Are you using a dedicated GPU or the onboard Intel HD graphics?

My bet is that you don't have proper GPU acceleration which would increase the reliance on the CPU.
Are you using a dedicated GPU or the onboard Intel HD graphics?

Dedicated GPU (It is described in signature.) :)

Dedicated GPU (It is described in signature.) :)

Ah I see. When I looked at it before I must have overlooked MSI G210 ... It didn't seem obvious to me at the time that this was a nvidia GeForce 210 by MSI and I see that you have a Xeon proc which has no iGPU.

Can you confirm you do indeed have accelerated graphics working?
If you don't have this working you will be using the software renderer that is very CPU intensive.
Maybe post your ioreg

Ah I see. When I looked at it before I must have overlooked MSI G210 ... It didn't seem obvious to me at the time that this was a nvidia GeForce 210 by MSI and I see that you have a Xeon proc which has no iGPU.

Can you confirm you do indeed have accelerated graphics working?
If you don't have this working you will be using the software renderer that is very CPU intensive.
Maybe post your ioreg

Yep, i have acceleration. :D

Ioreg is attached. ;)

Attachments

• iMac de Junior.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
Do you see a difference in CPU usage if you use the stock OSX driver and not the Web driver?

Do you see a difference in CPU usage if you use the stock OSX driver and not the Web driver?

It's the same thing. The web driver was installed during this night, just to make this test.

One thing I noticed is that now to minimize the browser even with the video playing in the background, the CPU reaches some lower frequencies and is oscillating between 2.4GHz and 3.xxGHz. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back