Contribute
Register

HiFi EVGA NU Audio card by Audio Note UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some digging, this is actually whats happening, and apparently prevents it from loading correctly:
View attachment 382896

anyone know what causes this?

to me it looks like just some log of some subroutine inside the driver, i think that you should look for the usb sound cards featuring the exact same sound chip and also to exclude possible problems with the pci to usb controller chip

EDIT:

Look for drivers for dacs using the xmos u11690c20 soundchip

EDIT 2:

The asmedia pcie to usb chip can cause problems, because it's has problems on pcie usb 3 cards.
Maybe you need some fake ids because the evga vendor ids and other stuff could not let the system audio driver to use some more appropriate stuff for the sound chip, we need to investigate deeply about usb dacs using the same sound chip.

Last edited:
I know the guy that designed this card and apparently yes you will get the bridge chip working but even under linux its a pain to get it working. EVGA are ultra Windows + nVidia + gaming centric and don't want to know about USB connectivity, which is silly as the music world is massive and this would provide a truly studio / audiophile grade sound card at an affordable price. I mix audio for TV and film and would love to use this under macOS on my hackintosh but I'm going to have to use frick'in Windows to work just for the want of a driver. I'll go back to RME as soon as funds allow!!!

I know the guy that designed this card and apparently yes you will get the bridge chip working but even under linux its a pain to get it working. EVGA are ultra Windows + nVidia + gaming centric and don't want to know about USB connectivity, which is silly as the music world is massive and this would provide a truly studio / audiophile grade sound card at an affordable price. I mix audio for TV and film and would love to use this under macOS on my hackintosh but I'm going to have to use frick'in Windows to work just for the want of a driver. I'll go back to RME as soon as funds allow!!!

Maybe we can do something on the dsdt side but i think that the card would need a better usb audio driver implementation to work.

That said i am also trying to get the xonar phoebus solo to work, and i almost did it with voodoo hda, the problem is the amplifier circuitry i think since the audio work but it's at a very low volume

That said i am also trying to get the xonar phoebus solo to work, and i almost did it with voodoo hda, the problem is the amplifier circuitry i think since the audio work but it's at a very low volume
I know a little of digital electronics, some chips have control input for analogue outputs so you just need a command pass through which is probably in the protocol listed for the chips used.

I know a little of digital electronics, some chips have control input for analogue outputs so you just need a command pass through which is probably in the protocol listed for the chips used.

The problem is find the registers to set to enable circuitry or if it's a different problem, to figure out the problem and solve it, for now i will just try patching the voodoo hda codecs based on a codec dump from windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back