GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interested to try this out https://www.evga.com/articles/01281/evga-nu-audio/
It seems all the Windows Software does is EQ, RGB lighting control and usual volume controls etc.
Not sure what deeper control there might be, but I can always tweak in dual boot assuming it saves to the hardware.

I have had Audio Note HiFi gear for years and LOVE their sound.

Very tempted to try this out!

It uses an XMOS xCORE-200 chip and Apple OSX version 10.6.4 and above natively supports USB Audio Class 2.0 as far as i understand it? So no drivers should be required.

I understand there is no software to directly control the inner functions, but they seem inconsequential for my use.

Also, im wondering if I dual boot into windows make settings changes and the boot back into OSX whether they'll stick. Its quite possible it saves profiles to hardware like Focusrite devices and many others.

IMO

It doesn't plug into a USB port - it plugs into the motherboard just like a wifi card - check the pictures. It therefor requires drivers for any OS that you intend to use it with.

yes i know how it plugs in, that has nothing to do with how the system detects it.

PCIE x1 Interface card hosts a 'controller' which is a piece of Hardware. It houses functionality to "bridge" communications between a PCI(e) interface and a USB interface (or any number of other different interfaces).

By "bridging" it is meant that USB protocol packets are transferred to/from the CPU - usually through PCI "bus" lanes from the 'controller'.

The reasons a hop through a PCI(e) bus is made is usually because USB is much slower speed than PCI (certainly PCI-Express): it is easy just to "encapsulate" USB protocol packets onto PCI for shuttling those around the motherboard.

Also, in this case, the product is made for PC and the common form factor for that is an internal card. So it is cheaper to make and easier to sell than an external USB device would be (box and all that).

So, Mac OSX which support XMOS xCORE-200 natively - which is both the USB2.0 audio controller AND the DSP - should detect the device and it should 'just work' - at a system level at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back