Contribute
Register

HiEthernet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's peculiar is that there is now a new Ethernet in System Preferences > Network that is active for the tuner (yellow dot), whereas the HiEthernet is still in the Network panel but listed as Not Connected (red dot).
After I read through your replies here I added the Smalltree kext to my computer and now I also have the ability to use both ethernet ports...Thanks!

BTW, have you installed BigSur yet? I am running BigSur and OpenCore and everything seems good, except I can not get Bluetooth to work (it used to under Clover and 10.15. What about you?

I've only used Clover.

Yesterday, I tried to install Big Sur but something isn't working. When I select the USB installer from the boot screen, I get the stop sign almost immediately after pressing <Return>. Probably a compromised installer on the USB thumb drive.

I've only used Clover.

Yesterday, I tried to install Big Sur but something isn't working. When I select the USB installer from the boot screen, I get the stop sign almost immediately after pressing <Return>. Probably a compromised installer on the USB thumb drive.
I think you'd have way more luck if you were running Open Core.

I had issues creating my Opencore EFI, so I used Pastrychef's from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i9-9900k-amd-vega-56.239969/

Add your own serial info and ACPI stuff and it works. I also added what I needed for WIFI. I can post my EFI if you'd like. I am running a ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac.

After you create that, you should have no problem adding Big Sur.
Hi DOCBR,

It seems we have the same MB.
I am also running on Big Sur with OpenCore.
The only thing I can not get to work is my Broadcom BT/WIFI adapter.
Could you post your EFI so I can tweak mine?
OpenCore works so much better than Clover!
Updating from 11.01 to 11.1 went flawless, just like a real Mac...

Hi DOCBR,

It seems we have the same MB.
I am also running on Big Sur with OpenCore.
The only thing I can not get to work is my Broadcom BT/WIFI adapter.
Could you post your EFI so I can tweak mine?
OpenCore works so much better than Clover!
Updating from 11.01 to 11.1 went flawless, just like a real Mac...

Just out of curiosity – did you manage to get your Broadcom BT/WiFi adapter working in the meantime? I am using one with the BCM94352Z chipset (Lenovo partnumber 20-200480). So far I’ve only managed to get WiFi working under Big Sur (using OpenCore), whereas both BT and WiFi worked before under Mojave (using Clover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back