Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My ASRock Z370M-ITX/a logic board has two ethernet ports, Ethernet (en0) and HiEthernet (en3). The Ethernet port is active but the HiEthernet port does not seem to be active. Is there a way to have both ports active? Is this a driver issue? I'm running Catalina 10.15.6 with the IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.3 driver.

Last edited:
Is this a driver issue?
Almost certainly :

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 15.23.54.png

Great, thanks very much!

I already have IntelMausiEthernet but it doesn't seem to activate the HiEthernet port. So, does that mean that AppleIGB must also be installed to get both ports active, or do I need to delete IntelMausiEthernet before I install AppleIGB?

Great, thanks very much!

I already have IntelMausiEthernet but it doesn't seem to activate the HiEthernet port. So, does that mean that AppleIGB must also be installed to get both ports active, or do I need to delete IntelMausiEthernet before I install AppleIGB?

Your Intel i219 LAN chip can be activated by either InterlMausiEthernet.kext or IntelMausi.kext (an alternative version from Acidanthera).

Your Intel 1211AT may, or may not be activated by AppleIGB. That "AT" at the end might mean a significant difference. If you can check the Device ID (perhaps with Windows) for the HiEthernet chip then we can check if it is included in AppleIGB.

Apple's own network drivers cover the i210 but not the i211. However, the two models do seem very close. Perhaps success is down to those Device IDs again.

Neither Mieze's nor Acidanthera's kexts appear to support the i211.

So yes, it looks like you'll need two kexts for the two LAN chips.

If nothing works, report back with the Device ID of the HiEthernet chip.

:)

OK, thanks. I will try this when I get home from work. I don't have Windows, but can the Device ID be determined with Hackintool (i.e., System > Peripherals)?

OK, thanks. I will try this when I get home from work. I don't have Windows, but can the Device ID be determined with Hackintool (i.e., System > Peripherals)?

Usually, only if there is a driver loaded making it visible. Worth a try though.

Usually, only if there is a driver loaded making it visible. Worth a try though.

I put AppleIGB.kext into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and then shut down. On reboot, the computer wouldn't boot completely, getting about 75% of the way before rebooting in an endless cycle.

And you were correct, I211AT port did not show up in Hackintool. I don't have Windows, but I have a Windows 10 VM in VMWare Fusion. Is there a way to get that port info from the VM? I know it has its own driver for accessing the Mac network.

OK, I have success! I looked for "I211AT hackintosh" on the internet and found a link to a kext called SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. I put this into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others and rebooted and now both ports are working. The i219 (en0) port is connected to my HDHomeRun Extend TV tuner and has a self-assigned IP address. Is this expected? The tuner seems to be working just fine with NextPVR.

The i211AT port (en4, Device 0x1539 according to Hackintool) is connected to one of my Linksys Velop node's ethernet ports and has a DHCP-assigned IP address and is working perfectly fine (so far) for my internet connection.

I have my WiFi (Dell DW1560) turned off.

Thanks for the help from both of you - I couldn't have gotten this done without it.

Attachments

• SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext.zip
    72.4 KB · Views: 60
OK, I have success! I looked for "I211AT hackintosh" on the internet and found a link to a kext called SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. I put this into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others and rebooted and now both ports are working. The i219 (en0) port is connected to my HDHomeRun Extend TV tuner and has a self-assigned IP address. Is this expected? The tuner seems to be working just fine with NextPVR.

The i211AT port (en4, Device 0x1539 according to Hackintool) is connected to one of my Linksys Velop node's ethernet ports and has a DHCP-assigned IP address and is working perfectly fine (so far) for my internet connection.

I have my WiFi (Dell DW1560) turned off.

Thanks for the help from both of you - I couldn't have gotten this done without it.

Good work. :thumbup:

Interestingly Device ID 0x15398086 is listed in AppleIGB.kext so there must be some other compatibility issue that prevented it working and causing a boot loop.

And well-done on locating SmallTree. :thumbup:

What's peculiar is that there is now a new Ethernet in System Preferences > Network that is active for the tuner (yellow dot), whereas the HiEthernet is still in the Network panel but listed as Not Connected (red dot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back