CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 3840x2400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there!

I'm trying to use this tool: https://github.com/xzhih/one-key-hidpi
Only issue is, that when I create a 2560x1440 profile (instead of 1920x1080, which doesn't have this issue), after waking from sleep the image is underscaled.

20210416_233429.jpg

Just fills up a bit more than the upper left quadrant of the screen, but by far not the whole thing. Is there anything I'm missing? I'd love to HiDPI-Scale my 2K internal monitor to either 1920x1080 or 2048x1152, without those issues.

Any experience on this topic? Attached my current EFI. Scaling seems to be yet another hard topic...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 74
I'm also having this issue, did you find a fix?

I'm also having this issue, did you find a fix?

Same machine? I think all I did was remove the onekey hidpi, and just selected 2K natively. I also can't scale up, to this day.

Same machine? I think all I did was remove the onekey hidpi, and just selected 2K natively. I also can't scale up, to this day.

Nope this is on a Razer Blade with i7 10750h.

I thought it might have been the framebuffer patch so I modded my bios to enable 64mb DMVT which was a risk i wasnt initially willing to take, but have done and its made no difference.

I was also using the 2k natively but everythings too small. this is the only thing from the laptop being a perfect hackintosh. I might just live with the sleep issue as its much more usable this way and all you have to do is make the laptop sleep again, wake it and it will go away. Not sure why it does this though

Nope this is on a Razer Blade with i7 10750h.

I thought it might have been the framebuffer patch so I modded my bios to enable 64mb DMVT which was a risk i wasnt initially willing to take, but have done and its made no difference.

I was also using the 2k natively but everythings too small. this is the only thing from the laptop being a perfect hackintosh. I might just live with the sleep issue as its much more usable this way and all you have to do is make the laptop sleep again, wake it and it will go away. Not sure why it does this though
you may want to try 128MB DVMT for higher resolutions than 1080

you may want to try 128MB DVMT for higher resolutions than 1080
So my DMVT Pre-Allocated is 64M which is the highest setting available
and my Total GFX Mem is MAX, which between the other options is I'm assuming 256M

I think they are working properly as I wasnt able to boot before without the framebuffer patch, but I now am able to do so.

But the high DPI issues persists. After the first wake from sleep, my screen is underscaled and in the top left similar to OPs picture and I also get graphical glitches on shut down or restart.

This doesn't happen with high DPI or hidpi enabled, but icons are way too small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back