CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11 Gig
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please i need help to hide my partitions in clover. I can't currently determine which drive/HD is the correct one to boot into windows as clover gives them all a generic name (Legacy Boot Device) here is my disk util list

Last login: Sun Nov 2 07:29:17 on ttys000
Yos-iMac:~ Macintosh$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Microsoft Basic Data 127.8 GB disk0s2
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *240.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Yosemite 239.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *3.0 TB disk2
1: Microsoft Basic Data Gaming 1.2 TB disk2s1
2: Microsoft Basic Data Data 1.1 TB disk2s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data Media 734.0 GB disk2s3
/dev/disk3
0: GUID_partition_scheme *320.1 GB disk3
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS Backup 319.7 GB disk3s2
Yos-iMac:~ Macintosh$

I want to hide all but disk0 and disk1 for my windows 8 and yosemite boot. thank you. ill appreciate it if someone can wrote the code for me for config.plist off my disk util list. thank you

this is a copy from my config.plist and i don't know where in this code i need to start or stop or delete

<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>Windows</string>
<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
</array>

This took me forever to figure out.

I did the same thing as you. I looked at the partitions, and the system profile, and I tried editing the config myself....nothing really worked. I couldn't properly hide, or rename the correct drives.

I even screwed up badly and hid "EFI" which meant I couldn't see any drives, and had to manually boot into Windows 8 using the BIOS, then I had to mount the EFI partition, manually copy the config file to my HD using the command prompt, then put it back.

It was a giant pain.

In the end, here is what I did.

To HIDE:

I used Clover Configurator.

Clover-Hide.png

I hid the volumes I knew the name of in the top right hand corner. For hide/renaming the ones I couldn't figure out, I created custom ones.

Now, here is what confused me. I needed the UUID for it to correctly work. The only ones that would work were the ones that displayed at the Clover boot screen. I selected the OS X / Windows icons and pressed "Spacebar."

This shows the UUID for that volume. Once I properly copied that number, and placed it in a custom entry in Clover Configurator, it actually worked.

Let me know if that helps, or if you need more in-depth explanations.

I did the same thing as you. I looked at the partitions, and the system profile, and I tried editing the config myself....nothing really worked. I couldn't properly hide, or rename the correct drives.

I even screwed up badly and hid "EFI" which meant I couldn't see any drives, and had to manually boot into Windows 8 using the BIOS, then I had to mount the EFI partition, manually copy the config file to my HD using the command prompt, then put it back.

It was a giant pain.

To HIDE:

View attachment 111494

I hid the volumes I knew the name of in the top right hand corner. For hide/renaming the ones I couldn't figure out, I created custom ones.

Now, here is what confused me. I needed the UUID for it to correctly work. The only ones that would work were the ones that displayed at the Clover boot screen. I selected the OS X / Windows icons and pressed "Spacebar."

This shows the UUID for that volume. Once I properly copied that number, and placed it in a custom entry in Clover Configurator, it actually worked.

thank you very much i will try as you suggested. i can even boot into windows now unless i go into bios and choose the windows HD to boot directly from. i cant find the windows to boot from in clover.

what version of clover are you running? im running the latest 2988 i think.

@Crazylegsmurphy

thanks for the tip, i did not realise pressing the spacebar on a drive in the Clover boot-loader menu would display so much detail

i couldn't be bothered writing down the long UUID strings so i just noted the last few digits of each and then in Clover Configurator, selected Boot.log > generate log > Save boot.log to Desktop.

From this log, i copied/pasted the UUID strings into Volumes via Gui > Custom Entries > New Custom Entries > Custom Entries Editor

now my menu is nice and neat i.e, displays Mavericks - Yosemite - Windows 7

hidden are two Recovery HD's and non bootable Windows partitions :thumbup:

Open "EFI/Clover/config.plist" and add the following code after GUI.

Note -: Replace "HDDName" with name of your hard disk. It works!

<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>HDDName</string>
</array>

I used a different approach. I stop clover from scanning all the entries and showing only the custom entries. In that way I don't need to mess up the hiding option.

Cool.. but How did you do it please ?

Thanks, this really helped. I have a partition showing up in cover bootloader that is "Boot Windows from EFI". I would like to hide it. But it does not show a UUID when I hit the space bar at clover boot. Is there another way? Thanks again !!

It was a giant pain.

To HIDE:

View attachment 111494

Crazylegsmurphy,

I think I did exactly what you did the first time... I hid "EFI" and now cannot see any drives. I am able to manually boot into Win10, but don't know how to "mount the EFI partition, manually copy the config file to my HD using the command prompt, then put it back."

Please let me know how you fixed this! Thanks :)

Hey,

Ummmmmm....I am trying to remember.

From what I can recall, I think I may have used my USB boot drive to bypass the EFI and get into OS X. Then changed it and rebooted.

I know there is a way to mount the EFI in Windows 10. I can't really remember, but I think I used the disk utility. Then I could copy it in. I can help you find some information if you can't figure it out.

Let me know if this helps. We can work on it if it doesn't. Lets get you back up and running. :D

Thanks, this really helped. I have a partition showing up in cover bootloader that is "Boot Windows from EFI". I would like to hide it. But it does not show a UUID when I hit the space bar at clover boot. Is there another way? Thanks again !!

i got the UUIDs from the systemprofiler (screenshot is in german, sry ;) )
then i changed only the settings as shown in the screenshot in clover configurator
the 2 custom entries are newly added.

hope this helps ... for me, it worked.

View media item 187562

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back