Graphics
4GB GDDR5 GeForce GTX 680M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
hey guys, long time lurker but need some help so i hope one of you guys can help me :thumbup:.

is it possible to get hibernation to work on mountain lion, my laptop hibernates ok but when i come to start back up to wake from the hibernation i get the error:

Header read size 200
Incorrect Image Signature

and mountain lion boots as normal. apart from this hibernation problem my hackintosh works great only my usb3 ports ( which im not too fussed about working anyway) and card reader not working. the version of chameleon im using is 2.1svn r2042.

thanks in advance,

Luke

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue!

unfortunately not, I have however just successfully just updated to 10.8.2 and the problem still persists, I was thinking that updating my version of chameleon will help solve the problem, I will try that when I get time as I have been kind of busy recently. apart from that I have no problems running this dual boot with the original windows install so would love to get this small issue solved as you would I guess. I would use sleep instead of hibernate but every time my laptop sleeps the power light flashes once (like it normally does when sleeping) and then wakes straight back up asking me for my OSX password.

OSX functions perfect although since my update to 10.8.2 it now says that my battery needs replacing!?! however windows still thinks its ok and i have not noticed any difference in performance so must just be the side effetcs of somthing the update did. it doesn't bother me too much but would love to know if anyone else has experienced this as its kind of odd and how to solve it if possible.

Hi,

I can't help but to notice that your profile indicate you have i7-2960XM CPU. I'm looking at getting this CPU and try it in a Dell Lat E6520.

Have you had any issues with 10.12.x or 10.13.x ?

Hi,

I can't help but to notice that your profile indicate you have i7-2960XM CPU. I'm looking at getting this CPU and try it in a Dell Lat E6520.

Have you had any issues with 10.12.x or 10.13.x ?

FYI: @dbtlpv last seen June 1, 2013.

FYI: @dbtlpv last seen June 1, 2013.
Hey @RehabMan,

Never thought you will answer :), I did noticed the thread is very old ! I thought let me try anyway. So, at least I did get a response. :lol:

You may wonder, what the heck is this guy plodding along with old stuff. Well my the other machine a.k.a. Acer E5-575 is running as a "happy chappy" on 10.13.3 and my wife is not considering a trade.

I need to keep my boy happy. He is into computer science (programming etc) so I recon this maybe a good challenge. Keep his mind working ....

I was lucky in pricing with the E6520. HD3000 is good enough. So I'm happy with that.

As for CPU: I know the i7-2720 will definitely work, but I'm thinking the extreme.

What is the odds getting it working on i7-2960XM. I recon definitely higher then 70% ?

What is the odds getting it working on i7-2960XM. I recon definitely higher then 70% ?

Doesn't really matter to macOS/OS X.
You should check your service/maintenance manual for guidance regarding BIOS/motherboard compatibility, TDP limits, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back