CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have a Hackintosh-build based on x79t motherboard (x79t is a cheap Chinese non branded mobo) running High Sierra 10.13.6 with success.
Currently pm is fully working, cpu (3930k) can run between 1.2-4.1ghz, sound works with voodoo kext, temp reading also works and system runs smooth and fast.

My always (and maybe forever) problem is the sleep, on my old motherboard (Rampage IV Formula) sleep worked until high sierra (due to c602 chipset), on my oldest mobo (MSI p35 neo2) sleep doesn't work even on windows and on my new x79t based build sleep wont work on mac or windows.

Before someone thinks that i am cursed in someway :) i can live without sleep but at least i need hibernation.
On my previous builds hibernation worked well but on my newly built system can't resume.

I changed hibernate mode with pmset to 25, enabled rtcHibernateAware and HibernationFixUp on clover but when trying to resume i can see my blurred desktop with the loading bar, but when loading bar fills nothing happens. It is like bios or kernel can't receiving wake signal. Hibernation on windows btw works.

Currently i have tried the following:
  1. at least 3-4 different clover versions
  2. every combination of rtcHibernateAware, HibernationFixUp, HibernationFixUp.kext, signatureFixup, strictHibernate
  3. OSXaptioFix version 1-3, ApioMemoryFix and smcHelper.
  4. patching wak methods on dsdt, set darwin as windows 2003, fixing rtc in dsdt.
Maybe dsdt is missing a patch? Can anyone assist me?

Also hdmi sound not working, with voodoo i can see 2 hdmi outputs but neither outputs sound and with toleda patch i can see my monitor name on hdmi output but no sound. That is not a big deal btw and i don't really care about hdmi audio output.

Attachments

• x79t.ioreg.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 108
  • EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 130
  • bootlog.txt.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 110
  • post-1262271-0-67599100-1487160843.jpg
    post-1262271-0-67599100-1487160843.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Go to /Library/Preferences find everything named PowerManagement.plist (there should be more than one) and trash them all, you'll have to give your password, empty trash. Put the config.plist in attachment into your /EFI/Clover folder, restart and check it out.
Rob

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3 KB · Views: 91
Go to /Library/Preferences find everything named PowerManagement.plist (there should be more than one) and trash them all, you'll have to give your password, empty trash. Put the config.plist in attachment into your /EFI/Clover folder, restart and check it out.
Rob

Hello Rob and thanks for the help but can't wake from hibernate using your edited config.plist. Actually i can't even boot, x79 based hacks needs npci=0x2000 arg that you removed from config.plist, AddDTGP not needed because i already injected from ssdt, USB Injection and clock also not needed, i already patched via ssdt.

Uh.. You're right, my X58 boots fine without npci=0x2000 but X79 is another deal. Did you notice anything different after deleting those power management prefs?

Uh.. You're right, my X58 boots fine without npci=0x2000 but X79 is another deal. Did you notice anything different after deleting those power management prefs?
No i didn't notice any difference, i think that the real problem has nothing to do with clover configuration, the last verbose output of hibernate wake is "End hibernate read (bytes xXxxxxx encrypted xXxxxxx)" after a little research i found that this string is a part of boot.efi (/System/Library/CoreServices).

Clover done the job with success, boot.efi restores saved ram data back to ram with success and after that for some unspecified reason system forgets to resume, there is no error or whatever, it looks like kernel can't get system control or bios never receive wake command.

How did you even get this board to boot into install? Picked up a decent Huang clone and it reboots after Randomseed

How did you even get this board to boot into install? Picked up a decent Huang clone and it reboots after Randomseed
Upload your efi with your dsdt and i will try to fix it.

Haven’t even gotten that far. I can’t even get it to boot into the installer. Just reboots when Apple logo appears.

Not sure if my bios settings are correct or what to change on a sandy bridge x79t AMI bios.

I used a Russian Huanan x79 EFI and I managed to get to the loading screen without restart - Kernel panic on CPU power management and USB startup.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 104
Upload your efi with your dsdt and i will try to fix it.

Your EFI and a change of video cards to an RX560 got HS installed on this sumb*** easy as pie.
Now... how did you overcome the kernel panic on shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back