Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
MSI vega 56 air boost
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,
i have done dual boot yosemite and windows by using clover.today in windows i have deleted my E: drive by Easeus partition master and it have changed its type. not i m not able to boot into OSX i have checked by disk utility that my osx partition is grayed out so i m not able to mount it. and currently it's type is shown as DE94BBA-06D1-4D40-A1A6-BFD50179D6AC

there is no Apple_HFS partition is there when using command "diskutil list"

Hello guys,
i have done dual boot yosemite and windows by using clover.today in windows i have deleted my E: drive by Easeus partition master and it have changed its type. not i m not able to boot into OSX i have checked by disk utility that my osx partition is grayed out so i m not able to mount it. and currently it's type is shown as DE94BBA-06D1-4D40-A1A6-BFD50179D6AC

there is no Apple_HFS partition is there when using command "diskutil list"

I've never used the software you mention using, but it sounds like it damaged your partition table (may not be Mac aware).

Perhaps you should just restore from backup.

i have just booted from linux and there i can see Apple_HFS partition but then again i booted with yosemite installation pendrive and selected diskpart but there disk0s11 is not mounted ...any idea how can i mount that?

Did you try to repair it?

all options are GRAYED out i can not even click on verify or repair option.
if i select mount disk0s11 then it says unrecognized file format
i dont know how to do that .
main problem is that it is not mounted and also not shown as Apple_HFS but in linux it is there and shows perfectly

all options are GRAYED out i can not even click on verify or repair option.
if i select mount disk0s11 then it says unrecognized file format
i dont know how to do that .
main problem is that it is not mounted and also not shown as Apple_HFS but in linux it is there and shows perfectly

Try repair on the top level "disk" first.

Try repair on the top level "disk" first.
it says "this disk does not contain an EFI system partition . if you want to start up ur computer with this disk or include it in RAID set.back up ur data and partition this disk"
:silent:

it says "this disk does not contain an EFI system partition . if you want to start up ur computer with this disk or include it in RAID set.back up ur data and partition this disk"
:silent:

I assume that EFI is actually there, but the software you used changed its GUID.

You can re-create it (with the correct GUID) using DISKPART.EXE

There is some info in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

A bit different context, but instructions still there for EFI backup, remove, re-create, restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back