Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z97 HD3
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 10/900 SERIES
im attempting my first hack. here are my specs. please can someone tell me if this setup will work.

Motherboard - Z97 HD3 LGA 1150
Processor - i7 4790 3.6ghz
Graphics - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB. used.
RAM - 16gb Crucial Ballistix. 2x 8gb sticks
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1tb
SSD - Sandisk 120gb

Yes, others have had success with those parts.

im attempting my first hack. here are my specs. please can someone tell me if this setup will work.

Motherboard - Z97 HD3 LGA 1150
Processor - i7 4790 3.6ghz
Graphics - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB. used.
RAM - 16gb Crucial Ballistix. 2x 8gb sticks
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1tb
SSD - Sandisk 120gb

Will work. I have done appropriate patches and config to get this machine up and running without any issues. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z97-HD3-Patches

Will work. I have done appropriate patches and config to get this machine up and running without any issues. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z97-HD3-Patches
also, i just ordered that graphics card after learning there arent any drivers for the 1050 ti which is what i had. but im reading some funky reviews on the gtx 970, is there anything comparable for the price that will work for the hack?

also, i just ordered that graphics card after learning there arent any drivers for the 1050 ti which is what i had. but im reading some funky reviews on the gtx 970, is there anything comparable for the price that will work for the hack?

It all depends. You could pick up yourself a GTX 760 second hand which will work out of the box.

What stage are you at? Are you installing or at Post install?
i got to configuring the bios, but then stopped when i learned about the gtx 1050 driver situation, freaked out and ordered the 970, but there is time to cancel

i got to configuring the bios, but then stopped when i learned about the gtx 1050 driver situation, freaked out and ordered the 970, but there is time to cancel
i think i still want that 4gb capability, so i guess ill keep the 970. so when it comes in, ive already used unibeast to make a bootable flash of sierra. but not sure how to use patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back