Contribute
Register

[Help!] Z77-DS3H rev1.1+i5-3570 boot error 10.8.(2-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
PC
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD5750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Help!] Z77-DS3H rev1.1 Ethernet problems

hi all,
I am writing here after 4 days searching on forums and trying different options - I just can't get a normally booting OS X :sick: on a specially assembled configuration (based on tonymacx86 buyer's guide):
  • MB Gigabyte Z77-DS3H (rev. 1.1) bios ver. F8
  • CPU i5 3570 (without K index)
  • RAM 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance
  • SSD 60GB Kingston V300
Tried to install using this popular guide (An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide), also special for Z77-DS3H , and regular tonymacx86 10.8 guide, all using iBoot+Multibeast,

10.6.8 installed fine, without any errors, 've made bootable unibeast with 10.8.2, and after restart it's boot stops on getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a (in safe mode works fine). After 2 days found a solution to set VT-d = Disabled in bios, error disappeared, and booting of fresh 10.8.2 become normal, but same mistake this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a comes after post-installation of Multibeast (only "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free" and sound kext ), and/or Chimera (tryed 1.1 / latest 2.0.1). I've tryed many combinations of OSX, kexts and bootloaders, but error still here, so i can only boot in safe mode with no graphics, i just can't understand what is going wrong - this is typical (as a see :) ) configuration and it should be working fine from the box, but for me it's not :banghead:
Just like there is some problem in current MB build / firmware rev., or smth like this.
I wish you can help me to understand what exactly i'm doing wrong... :oops: Please!)

Thank you!
Now i see my epic mistake(( i've searched for everything, but was really sure that i have a processor with HD4000 =(
Is there any working kext for Radeon HD5750 working with Lion 10.8.(2/3)?
or what can i do to make my system bootable without this error on compatible external card?

I don't think changing the graphics adapter will help you with this CPU error, although you may still need a dGPU due to no support (?) for HD2500 in ML.

Did you install FakeSMC in MB? Just FakeSMC, no HWMonitor, etc. Also, try the MacPro3,1 system definition.

Thank you for help! :D After GT640 install, error disappeared, but
I still can't get working Ethernet... :banghead: SO i can't get access to Icloud, Appstore, etc...
Tried:
1) this guide,
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...heros-ar813132515261627172-driver-for-107108/
2) install Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v.1.0.2 from Multibeast,
no luck
System information says "This comp does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed" =( What can it be?

Note: Raw installation of 10.8.2 sees Ethernet from the box, after update to 10.8.3 Ethernet disappears :sick:

This might have changed, however I believe that the v1.1 rev of this board has a non-supported built-in Atheros ethernet chip. My solution was to buy an inexpensive PCI ethernet card. The v1.0 version of the board has a different, supported chip.

Perry

This might have changed, however I believe that the v1.1 rev of this board has a non-supported built-in Atheros ethernet chip. My solution was to buy an inexpensive PCI ethernet card. The v1.0 version of the board has a different, supported chip.

Perry

I got a new ethernet card with that board yesterday (http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/92892-wired-ethernet-card-microcenter.html). It does work with the Multibeast driver, but they are experimental, not stable and crash a lot. This shouldn't have anything to do with being able to install, boot or use this system.

Thanks, guys!!
Now i have almost fully working system, just without sleep =(
Ethernet works fine now,http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...er-for-107108/ guide helped (reinstalled kext and checked settings in bios)
Now i just do not understand how to enable sleep/hibernation. Shut down and start up works fine (4-5 seconds, no errors or alerts), but after clicking sleep button - monitor become black, coolers and HDD are still working, and nothing happens. And i can't wake it up from this state, only by reset. :sick:

P.s. how to rename this forum thread? :)

Hi, can you give me more details about the ethernet please ? I've got the same issue. The link to InsanelyMac doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back