512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi all.

Just installed Lion and i have everything working great.
Now i´m trying to install ML to another partition, so I purchased Mountain Lion and installed it to USB with Unibeast. Problem now is when I restart the pc and boot from the usb flash drive it shows a few lines in verbose mode and then reboots.

I do not have USB 3.0 ports. Specs are in signature. Any help on this please?

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Just noticed a big mistake, my flash drive is at GUID and not MBR. Is that the cause? :banghead:

EDIT 2: fixed it but that didn't solve the problem, any help on this ?

hi all.

Just installed Lion and i have everything working great.
Now i´m trying to install ML to another partition, so I purchased Mountain Lion and installed it to USB with Unibeast. Problem now is when I restart the pc and boot from the usb flash drive it shows a few lines in verbose mode and then reboots.

I do not have USB 3.0 ports. Specs are in signature. Any help on this please?

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Just noticed a big mistake, my flash drive is at GUID and not MBR. Is that the cause? :banghead:

EDIT 2: fixed it but that didn't solve the problem, any help on this ?

I had a similar situation just recently. I found out that the formatting of the USB Flashdrive wasnt done properly, there were hidden files still on the USB even if I had format it. When I did a serious "goverment" wipe all the hidden files got erased. It seems that ordinary formating doesnt always take away all, and that can cause serious problems when installing.

ok thanks for the tip.

I´ll format it again, this time i´ll change the security options to format more properly and then i´ll try again the boot process.

does not work. this unibeast thing is no good. i´ll think about other method. thanks and GL with this kind of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back