Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the USB 3 ports to work with USB 3 devices. The USB 3 ports work with USB 2 devices, and USB 3 devices work with the USB 3 ports, but not USB 3 devices with USB 3 ports. It may be worth noting that on the System report, devices plugged in to USB 2 ports appear as "USB 3 Bus" (please see attached screenshot.

On MultiBeast 9.2, I've ticked "Increase Max Port Limit 200 series (Enables USB 2.0 and 3.0 support on 200 Series motherboards. Adds Raise Port Limit Patch to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and installs USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to /Library/Extensions) but didn't work.

I've been searching threads for solutions and there has been some that has been posted by tonymac and rehabman, but I'm confused as to where to start. Would appreciate any help, thank you!

build:
GA B250M HD3
i5 7500
HD 630

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 5.02.28 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 5.02.28 pm.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,307
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the USB 3 ports to work with USB 3 devices. The USB 3 ports work with USB 2 devices, and USB 3 devices work with the USB 3 ports, but not USB 3 devices with USB 3 ports. It may be worth noting that on the System report, devices plugged in to USB 2 ports appear as "USB 3 Bus" (please see attached screenshot.

On MultiBeast 9.2, I've ticked "Increase Max Port Limit 200 series (Enables USB 2.0 and 3.0 support on 200 Series motherboards. Adds Raise Port Limit Patch to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and installs USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to /Library/Extensions) but didn't work.

I've been searching threads for solutions and there has been some that has been posted by tonymac and rehabman, but I'm confused as to where to start. Would appreciate any help, thank you!

build:
GA B250M HD3
i5 7500
HD 630

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Hi,

build:
GA B250M HD3
i5 7500
HD 630

There's a bug in MultiBeast 9.2, it doesn't install the correct Port Limit patch for the 200 series. It installs the patch for 10.11.x not 10.12.x.

You need to manually patch Clover for the port limit.

Did you solve it?
My computer configuration and your is the same, you can send your clover configuration file to me?

This is a helpful thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back