Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with USB 3.0 in GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK-F8
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since Mac OS Sierra I'm trying to make USB 3.0 works in my Hack.

I've tried by installing USBInjectAll and other solutions that come with Multibeast but never works for me, because I don't understand it yet. The search for an ID and replace to another.

I tried to read a lot of tutorial about it, but I can't understand it.

Please, can someone help me to make USB 3.0 works once and for all?

In system specifications appears to have USB 3.0 active but everything I connect in any USB port appear connected in USB 3.0 (but in MB specifications not all ports are 3.0).

Besides there's a way to test the USB speed to be sure that's working? I don't have a USB 3.0 flashdrive. I have an iPhone 8 Plus (the charge cable is 3.0 in that case? Can use it to test?).

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK USB SPECIFICATIONS:

Chipset:
  1. 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  2. 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Chipset + Renesas® uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hub:
  1. 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 16.49.37.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 16.49.37.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 255
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 16.48.58.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 16.48.58.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 16.48.51.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 16.48.51.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 192
Since Mac OS Sierra I'm trying to make USB 3.0 works in my Hack.

I've tried by installing USBInjectAll and other solutions that come with Multibeast but never works for me, because I don't understand it yet. The search for an ID and replace to another.

I tried to read a lot of tutorial about it, but I can't understand it.

Please, can someone help me to make USB 3.0 works once and for all?

In system specifications appears to have USB 3.0 active but everything I connect in any USB port appear connected in USB 3.0 (but in MB specifications not all ports are 3.0).

Besides there's a way to test the USB speed to be sure that's working? I don't have a USB 3.0 flashdrive. I have an iPhone 8 Plus (the charge cable is 3.0 in that case? Can use it to test?).

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK USB SPECIFICATIONS:

Chipset:
  1. 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  2. 6 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Chipset + Renesas® uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hub:
  1. 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel

Thanks!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/post-1405329

I've followed the tutorial but I had some doubts and I'm not sure if it's working correctly.

Only the HSXX ports worked in my system. Is this ok?

Using -uia_exclude_hs uia_include=HS03 shows only one SSXX Hub, but not worked with any port.

USRX does not appear in IOREG.

In System Definitions shows everything I connect as USB 3.0 (but is not true).

I've used on USBInjectAll.kext. How do I know that I need to use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext?

And honestly, I not even no what is the difference between HS, SS and USR...

Please, some help here?

Thanks!

I use a USB 3.0 hub and plug it into each port, to see and then build a map of of ports from that by hats working. Then I ioregistry to view services that show working and correspond to my map.

Works! I did it!

But when I run Blackmagic speed test, the USB 3.0 ports with my Kingston DT50 write speeds is lower (around 5mb/s) than the USB stick in USB 2.0 ports (around 6mb/s). The read speed is better in USB 3.0.

I've tested in Intel and Renesas ports.

There's a way to get better or my flashdrive is garbage itself? :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 11.55.53.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 11.55.53.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 11.56.21.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 11.56.21.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 12.00.27.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 12.00.27.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 128
Hi there.

I'm not sure exactly what the USB 3.0 speed problem is BUT when you configured SS05 (the one you have the DataTraveler plugged into) when completing the template, did you use the port type: "UsbConnector", 3, ?

If you used "0" then it will probably operate at USB 2.0 speeds etc.

Also I notice that HS05 has the keyboard plugged in it. Usually that would be physically the same port as SS05, just a slower speed configuration for it. I'm not sure how a DataTraveler is plugged in to it at the same time, unless it's plugged in to the keyboard ports? But I thought they were USB 2.0. :crazy: Is it not an Apple keyboard then?

I've been fairly successful with the Rehabman method linked above but if your mobo wasn't in the ssdt sample, then it was beyond me and editing the ssdt file manually was a pain. Then I discovered this on Git Hub, way easier. Worked on all my machines. The live readout from Terminal made life way easier. If you don't have Xcode installed, ignore the install instructions and just download the USBMap-master folder and double click on USBMap.command. It all makes sense. https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap. You still need to turn off HSXX to get to the next set of available 15 ports but not so hard. And it will generate the ssdt file or even a kext version. If you use the kext version you remove USBinjectall.

I've been fairly successful with the Rehabman method linked above but if your mobo wasn't in the ssdt sample, then it was beyond me and editing the ssdt file manually was a pain. Then I discovered this on Git Hub, way easier. Worked on all my machines. The live readout from Terminal made life way easier. If you don't have Xcode installed, ignore the install instructions and just download the USBMap-master folder and double click on USBMap.command. It all makes sense. https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap. You still need to turn off HSXX to get to the next set of available 15 ports but not so hard. And it will generate the ssdt file or even a kext version. If you use the kext version you remove USBinjectall.

I've taken a look at this Python script and it's very impressive. It does make the whole process quicker and easier to implement. Could help a lot of people here that are not experienced editing SSDT files manually.

Would you be able to post your efi folder, I haven't been able to get this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back