Register

HELP WITH UPGRADE WALN

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
intel corei7
Graphics
radeon
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with new upgrade of wlan card. I have a HP pavilian DV7T-6100 LM414LV.
My current and original card does not support 5.0 ghz wireless band, only 2.4 ghz. So i would like to change the wlan card for a dual band + bluetooth. I wanted to make sure I got the correct part so as to I wont damage my laptop. So I decided to call Hp directly for an OEM original part. The rep said I would need a 602993-001 part so I ordered it. upon doing some research online on this part number all description read it was a single band 2.4 ghz + bluetooth. So i called HP back and explained to them my concern. The second rep assured me this was correct and it was a dual band WLAN. He also told me that the part number was an old part number and their system updated to a new part number 593127-001. So i did more research on this part number but still no info on the dual band part. Can anyone help please?

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with new upgrade of wlan card. I have a HP pavilian DV7T-6100 LM414LV.
My current and original card does not support 5.0 ghz wireless band, only 2.4 ghz. So i would like to change the wlan card for a dual band + bluetooth. I wanted to make sure I got the correct part so as to I wont damage my laptop. So I decided to call Hp directly for an OEM original part. The rep said I would need a 602993-001 part so I ordered it. upon doing some research online on this part number all description read it was a single band 2.4 ghz + bluetooth. So i called HP back and explained to them my concern. The second rep assured me this was correct and it was a dual band WLAN. He also told me that the part number was an old part number and their system updated to a new part number 593127-001. So i did more research on this part number but still no info on the dual band part. Can anyone help please?

That part seems to be a Realtek part, so it is not supported by OS X/macOS anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back