i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi I am preparing my first mini itx build, but I am in need some help with the choice
and installing of the powerbutton.

I chosen the Silverstone ST45SF-G, but I read now that this PSUdoesn't have a I/0 button,
so I need to understand how connect a led button like this one to the motherboard (GA-H170N-WIFI Gigabyte).
An alternative button as I need but witout wires.

I am looking in forum but I don't find instruction about the connection of power button - maybe because it's an easy task? :|

neilhart

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming - ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I am preparing my first mini itx build, but I am in need some help with the choice
and installing of the powerbutton.

I chosen the Silverstone ST45SF-G, but I read now that this PSUdoesn't have a I/0 button,
so I need to understand how connect a led button like this one to the motherboard (GA-H170N-WIFI Gigabyte).
An alternative button as I need but witout wires.

I am looking in forum but I don't find instruction about the connection of power button - maybe because it's an easy task? :|

With the Silverstone ST45SF-G PSU you will need to remove the power cord from the mains to completely remove stand-by power to your system. That is the sole purpose for a PSU mounted off/on switch.

To wire up your system power switch, please reference the documentation that came with your motherboard. Look for the detail related to the "Front Panel" header. Also, there is a massive amount of information with photos available by using google.

Normally the case that you purchase has the system power on switch, LEDs and reset switch included. The cables for these items are well marked on the small connectors.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.