Contribute
Register

Help with Sapphire HD 6870?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, no problem. Thanks for your help.

I have not edited my AppleHDA kext. That's probably why my sound doesn't work.
So i just follow the instructions on how to edit the kext from the guide i was following?

Also if you dont mind, could you explain how you made it work?

Thanks

iGee said:
OK, no problem. Thanks for your help.

I have not edited my AppleHDA kext. That's probably why my sound doesn't work.
So i just follow the instructions on how to edit the kext from the guide i was following?

Also if you dont mind, could you explain how you made it work?

Thanks
No AppleHDA.kext edits are required for HDMI audio on your Sapphire HD 6870. However, try this 889 edited AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. Install as described in the Read_Me_First pdf.

Thanks. I tried that but my speakers still just crackle.

iGee said:
Thanks. I tried that but my speakers still just crackle.
Crackling on a digital audio system is very unusual. What are you using as the source and the player? When the media is playing, what decoding is indicated on the Sony receiver display? What are the HDMI settings in Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices? What do you get on the analog speakers/headphones?

I am using iTunes playing some music. The player just displays which mode i have it set to. eg 2CH ST (just front 2 speakers for music). If i start switching modes on the amp, it still crackles but over which ever speakers i have it set on.

"DTS [3/21]" is displayed by my amp when i play a movie (MKV) in XBMC. The crackling appears to stop and i get that horrible "glitching" sound constantly.

When i select "internal speakers" as an output (green mini jack on mobo) it sounds perfect... through the same amp on a different input.

As for the midi stuff, i didn't touch any of that. Should i have done that?

heres what my midi and sound prefs is saying..

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-10%20at%2015.52.57.png

Thanks,
Chris

After playing around some more, i have discovered that the "glitching" noise is only happening on videos that are surround sound (i think). If i play a movie with MP3 audio, i get good sound, but with that crackling noise over the top.

Im using XBMC.

iGee said:
As for the midi stuff, i didn't touch any of that. Should i have done that?

heres what my midi and sound prefs is saying..
Set Audio MIDI Set Up/Audio Devices/HDMI to 8ch-24bit integer, 48000.0 Hz is fine. It should not be Encoded Digital Audio.

Hello. That didn't work man.
Here, i did a video of the glitching problem.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB82xHzKh1U[/VIDEO]

As you can see, when i set the midi to what you say, it gets even worse.

it is your system supporting the AC3 or the DTS1 or 2

please on the XBMC remove that the system is capable DST and AC3
and test again

sacaman

Attachments

• Sound.jpg
    Sound.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back