GA-Z77X-UDH5
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX650 TI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Help with Saphire 6870 1Gb, HDMI and second DVI port [SOLVED]

Hi, I'm having problems after 10.8.3 update, HDMI and second DVI ports give me black screen. I've been using bruno21's modified ATI Controller6000.kext that was working ok until I update ML. Now Bruno's kext doesn't work anymore. Is there anybody who uses that card who knows how to patch it or share the new kext? BTW I'm using 4 ATiPorts and duckweed configs
Big tks

for reference this is my card...
http://www.amazon.com/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-6870-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B005C8RTTU/

The same edits made to the 10.8.2 kext need to be made to the 10.8.3 kext. You cannot simply use the older kext because the older kext uses an older framework while the newer kext uses the 10.8.3 framework. You would have to modify too much to use the older kext. Unfortunately, AMD (ATI) is not big on this forum and the kind of help you are looking for is beyond the scope of most who come here. There is a post on another forum detailing what needs to be edited in whichever version of the ATI Controller6000.kext from 10.8.0 to 10.8.3,(the edits are exactly the same), but the mods on here are pedantic about other sites being linked here, so you will need to use google initiative.

It's easy to find. You will need to know how to do the edits yourself for this for any future update anyway since any update you do will replace the current ATI Controller6000.kext with the newest version. So either wait for someone else to post their edited version (and hope he get's it right), or use your own initiative and do it yourself. It's all part and parcel of the 'hackintosh' scene.

The clue is that it is not on this forum. There are other much larger forums than this that have been around since OSX86 ('hackintoshing') started. Most of the initial searches you do will lead you here as this forum is more commercial. Read further Google results. It's the place where most fixes posted here originate from.

This is insane...I will find it some day :)
tks

hi,

any chance on a 6870 patched kext for 10.8.4?

I didn't update to 10.8.4 yet, and I dont know if the kext was modified. Would you try 10.8.3 on 10.8.4 if it works? and post your result...tks

No speak good English sorry ^^. BIMBO69 kext 10.8.3 works in 10.8.4 on Sapphirre HD6870 HDMI=ok and 2 DVI=ok DISPLAYPORT=No test.
Thank you. Hope that you can patch the kext 10.8.4 ^^

Yup!! Bimbo69 patched kext works for me!! Back to Duckweed. No more 6xxx as it reads correctly now (6870). 3 monitors working HDMI included. Thanks for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back