Contribute
Register

Help with Realtek ALC294

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I was able to make it work! I used AppleHDA.kext from the original 10.12.6 installer with the patched aDummyHDA.kext and latest CodecCommander from RehabMan. Internal speaker and mic work upon boot up but I have to wake it up from sleep before it switches to Headphone combojack as there is no drop-down choice for audio icon in menu bar. Attached is the patched dummy kext. Remember to use Audio ID 3 either in clover config or DSDT patch. Enjoy!

Attachments

• aDummyHDA.kext.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 317
Finally, I was able to make it work! I used AppleHDA.kext from the original 10.12.6 installer with the patched aDummyHDA.kext and latest CodecCommander from RehabMan. Internal speaker and mic work upon boot up but I have to wake it up from sleep before it switches to Headphone combojack as there is no drop-down choice for audio icon in menu bar. Attached is the patched dummy kext. Remember to use Audio ID 3 either in clover config or DSDT patch. Enjoy!

I have ALC294 as well. @cedron - any patches required to get appleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to work? I tried installing these in clover/kexts/other and setting audio ID to 3 in clover config but it did not work.

cheers,

I have ALC294 as well. @cedron - any patches required to get appleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to work? I tried installing these in clover/kexts/other and setting audio ID to 3 in clover config but it did not work.

cheers,

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

"dummy" HDA kexts are one (of the many) kind of kexts that don't work with Clover injection.

thanks for pointing me to post #2.

I installed those kexts to /S/L/E and set ID to 3 in clover config, but no luck, there is no device showing under "select a device for sound output".

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

thanks for your assistance.

So far this is base install 10.12.6. Keyboard and trackpad working using voodooPS2controller + VoodooI2C with DSDT GPIO patches. As mentioned before, VoodooHDA gets sound working very easy but sound crackles constantly. I would like to try AppleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander before having to resort to Mirone's AppleHDA patcher with custom XML which seems too advanced for me right now :/

Attached are my files.

I used KextBeast to install aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to S/L/E and rebuilt cache and rebooted a few times. There is no device showing under "select a device for sound output".

Attachments

• sierra’s iMac IOregEx.ioreg
    14.9 MB · Views: 293
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    709 bytes · Views: 321
  • RehabMan.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 130
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 147

So far this is base install 10.12.6. Keyboard and trackpad working using voodooPS2controller + VoodooI2C with DSDT GPIO patches. As mentioned before, VoodooHDA gets sound working very easy but sound crackles constantly. I would like to try AppleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander before having to resort to Mirone's AppleHDA patcher with custom XML which seems too advanced for me right now :/

Attached are my files.

I used KextBeast to install aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to S/L/E and rebuilt cache and rebooted a few times. There is no device showing under "select a device for sound output".

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attached are my files.

Your kextcache output shows no aDummyHDA.kext installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back