Register

Help with Realtek ALC294

Motherboard
ASUS X542UQ-DM011T
CPU
Core i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel HD 620, NV 940MX
Finally, I was able to make it work! I used AppleHDA.kext from the original 10.12.6 installer with the patched aDummyHDA.kext and latest CodecCommander from RehabMan. Internal speaker and mic work upon boot up but I have to wake it up from sleep before it switches to Headphone combojack as there is no drop-down choice for audio icon in menu bar. Attached is the patched dummy kext. Remember to use Audio ID 3 either in clover config or DSDT patch. Enjoy!

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS ZenBook UX430UA-DH74
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel 620 1920x1080
Finally, I was able to make it work! I used AppleHDA.kext from the original 10.12.6 installer with the patched aDummyHDA.kext and latest CodecCommander from RehabMan. Internal speaker and mic work upon boot up but I have to wake it up from sleep before it switches to Headphone combojack as there is no drop-down choice for audio icon in menu bar. Attached is the patched dummy kext. Remember to use Audio ID 3 either in clover config or DSDT patch. Enjoy!
I have ALC294 as well. @cedron - any patches required to get appleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to work? I tried installing these in clover/kexts/other and setting audio ID to 3 in clover config but it did not work.

cheers,

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have ALC294 as well. @cedron - any patches required to get appleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to work? I tried installing these in clover/kexts/other and setting audio ID to 3 in clover config but it did not work.

cheers,
All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

"dummy" HDA kexts are one (of the many) kind of kexts that don't work with Clover injection.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
thanks for pointing me to post #2.

I installed those kexts to /S/L/E and set ID to 3 in clover config, but no luck, there is no device showing under "select a device for sound output".
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
ASUS ZenBook UX430UA-DH74
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel 620 1920x1080
thanks for your assistance.

So far this is base install 10.12.6. Keyboard and trackpad working using voodooPS2controller + VoodooI2C with DSDT GPIO patches. As mentioned before, VoodooHDA gets sound working very easy but sound crackles constantly. I would like to try AppleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander before having to resort to Mirone's AppleHDA patcher with custom XML which seems too advanced for me right now :/

Attached are my files.

I used KextBeast to install aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to S/L/E and rebuilt cache and rebooted a few times. There is no device showing under "select a device for sound output".

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS

So far this is base install 10.12.6. Keyboard and trackpad working using voodooPS2controller + VoodooI2C with DSDT GPIO patches. As mentioned before, VoodooHDA gets sound working very easy but sound crackles constantly. I would like to try AppleHDA + aDummyHDA + CodecCommander before having to resort to Mirone's AppleHDA patcher with custom XML which seems too advanced for me right now :/

Attached are my files.

I used KextBeast to install aDummyHDA + CodecCommander to S/L/E and rebuilt cache and rebooted a few times. There is no device showing under "select a device for sound output".
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS

Attached are my files.

Your kextcache output shows no aDummyHDA.kext installed.