Contribute
Register

Help with post-install Lenovo Ideapad 710s-13IKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be marked internal (as it is connected to an internal device). At least that's what we think...
There are not usually many internal USB3 devices.
But nothing is showing on that port...

It is because the SSDTs you have in ACPI/patched are not order dependent.
It is because there is no SD card in the slot at the moment. But when I had the port limit patch enabled, and an SD card attached, it mounted on SS04. Unless there is anything mounted, it won't show. That is partly why it took me so long to find it..

Good they are not order dependent :).

It is because there is no SD card in the slot at the moment.

Might be issues with making it internal then... Because to the system it is external (device doesn't appear until you plug something in).

Internal effectively means "always plugged in".

Good they are not order dependent :).

Further explanation in my edit...

Might be issues with making it internal then... Because to the system it is external (device doesn't appear until you plug something in).

Internal effectively means "always plugged in".

Further explanation in my edit...
I made it external (USB 3).

I see!

Then, all that is left is fixing audio after sleep and hoping a new WiFi chip from Broadcom will make battery last a little longer. This is great.

Shutdown still breaks sometimes if there's a USB device attached and removed. The computer restarts and sleep seemingly breaks, sometimes. No changes from last config posted..

I have not tried the Fix Shutdown patches yet, worth a try?

Shutdown still breaks sometimes if there's a USB device attached and removed. The computer restarts and sleep seemingly breaks, sometimes. No changes from last config posted..

I have not tried the Fix Shutdown patches yet, worth a try?

Try to determine the exact conditions under which the problems occur.

Try to determine the exact conditions under which the problems occur.
I will do this, but I have another question: How do I compile in xcode? I'm trying to compile Pike's AppleIntelInfo.kext. I open it up in xcode but I have no idea what to do. I've pressed Build a couple of times and searched for some form of "Save As" or Compile As or anything that might mean Make Kext.. But I am completely lost hehe. I have googled it , but nothing makes sense.. Do I need a dev account to sign it?

I will do this, but I have another question: How do I compile in xcode? I'm trying to compile Pike's AppleIntelInfo.kext. I open it up in xcode but I have no idea what to do. I've pressed Build a couple of times and searched for some form of "Save As" or Compile As or anything that might mean Make Kext.. But I am completely lost hehe. I have googled it , but nothing makes sense.. Do I need a dev account to sign it?

You should look for a tutorial on Xcode. No need to sign the kext...
Keep in mind Xcode, by default, stores build results in strange places... Change your built locations in Xcode->Preferences->Locations.

You should look for a tutorial on Xcode. No need to sign the kext...
Keep in mind Xcode, by default, stores build results in strange places... Change your built locations in Xcode->Preferences->Locations.
WiFi chip is disabled in BIOS and no longer shows up in IOreg and boot.log. Still battery is draining about 1% per 2-3 minutes, for simple idling and some surfing at 60% brightness. This equals to about 4 hours battery life for just idling.

I realize you are quite unable to help me without the computer in question in your hands. Do you have any suggestions on methods you'd use, that I can do?

WiFi chip is disabled in BIOS and no longer shows up in IOreg and boot.log. Still battery is draining about 1% per 2-3 minutes, for simple idling and some surfing at 60% brightness. This equals to about 4 hours battery life for just idling.

I realize you are quite unable to help me without the computer in question in your hands. Do you have any suggestions on methods you'd use, that I can do?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Arkiv.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back