Contribute
Register

Help with post-install Lenovo Ideapad 710s-13IKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ioreg shows AppleLPC not loaded. It would be under the LPCB node in ioreg, if the patch was properly implemented.
I applied the patch again. I think there's something there now. I can at least see the node. But the node does not have anything under it.. I attached the dsdt.aml as well.

Attachments

• MacBook Air_new.zip
    452.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    40.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Patchmatic, Clover, kextstat and touch, boot.log and ioreg included.

All the best!

Problem is you're renaming _DSM->XDSM in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
This renames the _DSM method you added by way of the Skylake LPC patch.
Remove the _DSM->XDSM patch. Don't forget to remove or rename OEM _DSM methods in your DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.

Problem is you're renaming _DSM->XDSM in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
This renames the _DSM method you added by way of the Skylake LPC patch.
Remove the _DSM->XDSM patch. Don't forget to remove or rename OEM _DSM methods in your DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched.
How can I know what to remove or rename in the dsdt for the NVMe class code spoof to work?

Should I find RP09.PXSX and remove that _DSM? Or should I rename all OEM DSM methods I find in there? Maybe there are other things than the SSD that need them removed?

How can I know what to remove or rename in the dsdt for the NVMe class code spoof to work?

Should I find RP09.PXSX and remove that _DSM? Or should I rename all OEM DSM methods I find in there? Maybe there are other things than the SSD that need them removed?

You should probably just statically rename all _DSM->XDSM. There is a patch for it in my repo. It will do the same as _DSM->XDSM config.plist patch. It is applied early in the patching process so as not to affect _DSM methods that other patches may add.

Read the ACPI patching guide.

You can also implement the _DSM method for LPC injection with an add-on SSDT. Read the ACPI hotpatch guide (it is linked from the main ACPI patching guide).

You should probably just statically rename all _DSM->XDSM. There is a patch for it in my repo. It will do the same as _DSM->XDSM config.plist patch. It is applied early in the patching process so as not to affect _DSM methods that other patches may add.

Read the ACPI patching guide.

You can also implement the _DSM method for LPC injection with an add-on SSDT. Read the ACPI hotpatch guide (it is linked from the main ACPI patching guide).
I added your patch on the existing patched DSDT.aml.

I added the Skylake LPC patch again.
Removed the unusable XDSM part from the old Skylake LPC patch
Removed the patch in config.plist
Booted
AppleLPC is now loaded in ioreg and kextstat gives me a long value ending with <73 12 5 4 3> (No idea if this is relevant).

Appleintelcpu is still blank in kextstat.

Appears it is working! As always, many thanks!

The battery is still draining pretty good. It drains about 1% every 2-3 minutes, just when idling and 50% brightness. That's around 3-4 hours of battery life for just idling. And I might know why: the darn WiFi chip. Bluetooth is always on and there is seemingly no way to turn it off. I disabled WiFi in BIOS. Clover no longer picks it up but Bluetooth is still enabled. I suspect it constantly scans for devices as well.

If I can confirm the battery draining is caused by the incompatible hardware I'll order a new chip. But, if the battery drains fast because of something else I'll rather start there.

If there's a software way to do it that would be great. Otherwise I'm thinking opening the computer and removing the chip by hand and see what happens.

What would you do?

The battery is still draining pretty good. It drains about 1% every 2-3 minutes, just when idling and 50% brightness. That's around 3-4 hours of battery life for just idling. And I might know why: the darn WiFi chip. Bluetooth is always on and there is seemingly no way to turn it off. I disabled WiFi in BIOS. Clover no longer picks it up but Bluetooth is still enabled. I suspect it constantly scans for devices as well.

If I can confirm the battery draining is caused by the incompatible hardware I'll order a new chip. But, if the battery drains fast because of something else I'll rather start there.

If there's a software way to do it that would be great. Otherwise I'm thinking opening the computer and removing the chip by hand and see what happens.

What would you do?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back