Contribute
Register

Help with post-install Lenovo Ideapad 710s-13IKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I built a custom SSDT for my USB config, using your guide. It works, and have successfully solved my restarts on shutdown. I might be getting a kernel panic at shutdown though, the dock hangs when it's supposed to fade down. It might just be cosmetic though. And the most important part: no more restarts.

Other than that, there's only the built in SD card reader and WIFI support left. I could not find a clue for the card reader anywhere. Nothing is listed on the USB ports and I searched all PCI device id's I could find in DPCImonitor. Nothing for the card reader. I have scoured the net for info on it, but nothing for this particular model.
I plan on dual booting Windows which means I'll be able to use WIFI and the card reader that way. Might be able to ID the reader in Win too.

Small things that annoys me:

* The GFX still get ID:d as Intel Unknown 1536 MB (I have full acceleration though) and the CPU as a Dual-Core Intel Xeon. I also have 8 CPUs listed in IOReg, but there are only 4 real logical CPUs. I hope the names mentioned here is just cosmetic.

* The computer is draining the battery a bit faster than I'd like. How can I check that the ssdtPRGen .aml did the job when I can't run HWmonitor? The CPUSensors.kext broke booting.

* Sleep is broken, I think. The computer shuts the screen off after a while, but then it lights up again.

I might be getting a kernel panic at shutdown though, the dock hangs when it's supposed to fade down.

That is normal.

Other than that, there's only the built in SD card reader and WIFI support left. I could not find a clue for the card reader anywhere. Nothing is listed on the USB ports and I searched all PCI device id's I could find in DPCImonitor. Nothing for the card reader. I have scoured the net for info on it, but nothing for this particular model.

Some card readers don't appear on the PCIe bus until you insert a card (they use PCIe hotplug).
There is probably no driver for your card reader anyway...

* The GFX still get ID:d as Intel Unknown 1536 MB (I have full acceleration though) and the CPU as a Dual-Core Intel Xeon. I also have 8 CPUs listed in IOReg, but there are only 4 real logical CPUs. I hope the names mentioned here is just cosmetic.

You can inject "model" to solve the "Intel Unknown" cosmetic issue.
You can set config.plist/CPU/Type to solve the CPU name cosmetic issue.

* The computer is draining the battery a bit faster than I'd like. How can I check that the ssdtPRGen .aml did the job when I can't run HWmonitor? The CPUSensors.kext broke booting.

Attach typical "Problem Reporting" files.
You may have other things not implemented correctly that are using power...

* Sleep is broken, I think. The computer shuts the screen off after a while, but then it lights up again.

Sounds like "instant wake". It is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

For power management. I have included:
Kextstat grep terminal output
sudo touch terminal output
IOreg copy
/EFI/Clover (themes omitted)
boot.log

I can redo them as individual zips if that's better!

Attachments

• tonymac.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
For power management. I have included:
Kextstat grep terminal output
sudo touch terminal output
IOreg copy
/EFI/Clover (themes omitted)
boot.log

I can redo them as individual zips if that's better!

CPU and IGPU PM appear to be working.
But you have no driver attached to the SATA controller. May use extra power...
See laptop Clover guide regarding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
Also, you have unsupported WiFi installed, of course without drivers... May use extra power. Replace WiFi hardware.
AppleLPC not loaded. See ACPI patching guide.

CPU and IGPU PM appear to be working.
But you have no driver attached to the SATA controller. May use extra power...
See laptop Clover guide regarding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
Also, you have unsupported WiFi installed, of course without drivers... May use extra power. Replace WiFi hardware.
AppleLPC not loaded. See ACPI patching guide.
I installed SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext to L/E using KextWizard. Can I check if it's loaded?

From https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
"If you have a Skylake CPU/100-series chipset, and AppleLPC.kext is not loading, you should use this patch to inject a compatible ID that will allow it to load:
"Skylake LPC" "

I will apply this patch through MaciASL on my DSDT.aml, correct?

Many thanks for looking through my files.

Not without ioreg.

Yes.
I have ioreg but I'm not sure where to look.

The Skylake LPC patch is applied to the dsdt.aml and the computer booted. Can I confirm this aswell? Should I use the kextstat grep AppleLPC command in Terminal?

New WiFi hardware will be fixed in a couple of weeks.

Again... no ioreg attached.
I was hoping you could tell me where to look so you wouldn't have to again. I didn't want to cause more trouble.

Attached.

Attachments

• MacBook Air.zip
    421.7 KB · Views: 117
I was hoping you could tell me where to look so you wouldn't have to again. I didn't want to cause more trouble.

Attached.

This ioreg shows AppleLPC not loaded. It would be under the LPCB node in ioreg, if the patch was properly implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back