Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aeorus Gaming 5
CPU
Intel I5 8600k
Graphics
Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080
Hi there, this is my first post,

I have recently built a new PC and installed Windows 10 on an SSD.

I have just purchased another SSD and am wanting to install OS Sierra on this drive, then when I turn on my PC I can boot either windows or OS. This is my first hackintosh build. I have read through the installation guide but am wondering if there are any different/extra steps to installing OS on a separate drive when I already have windows installed on one? will bios changes effect windows at all? Sorry if it's already up here, if so please just point me in the right direction.

My PC is:

Gigabyte Z370 Aeorus Gaming 5
Intel I5 8600k w Noctua NH-D15
Corsair Vengance 16gb 3000mhz
Gigabyte GTX Gaming 1 1080
Samsung Pro 960 512gb x2

I understand z370 chips are not fully supported yet, I was planning on doing the false ID Method (or possibly waiting until early next year and mac have supported these chips)

Thanks for your help,

Dan

Thanks for this. Where is the guide for creating the High Sierra bootable USB EFI clover so I can boot both os and windows? is it different to just following steps 1 and 2?
You do not need a USB once you have installed Clover to your Mac OS drive.

You do not need a USB once you have installed Clover to your Mac OS drive.
Sorry total rookie here, so I need to install clover to my Mac OS hard drive? How do I go about this? Thanks

Easiest way to get full function is to use MultiBeast app. Not only does it install Clover, it allows you to install your kexts (drivers) for audio and ethernet at the same time.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/multibeast-high-sierra-10-2-0.360/
Ok brilliant thanks. So basically I just create the Mac OS bootable USB as per the main guide, then install this, in doing so it will install clover, I then install windows 10 and both should be picked up by clover?

Ok brilliant thanks. So basically I just create the Mac OS bootable USB as per the main guide, then install this, in doing so it will install clover, I then install windows 10 and both should be picked up by clover?
Create USB with UniBeast app and install, then run MultiBeast to install Clover and board specific drivers (kexts) for audio and ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back