Contribute
Register

Help with New Mavericks install on HP Z800 please. (USB Ports Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
i7 5930k Tower
CPU
i7 5930k
Graphics
GTX770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys

Sorry but could do with a bit of help, fish out of water here with first Hackintosh build

System

HP Z800 Workstation, 2x Xeon 2.8/3.2 5660 CPUs, 48GB Ram, GTX 760 Graphics
Crucial M500 SSD for Boot,

Have created USB Stick using the instructions on this forum, install goes well format disk with Disk Utility, Mavericks installs to SSD, Then I restart and run Multibeast in Easy install mode. All goes OK

Then repair Permissions and reboot, all reboots fine to the login screen but now none of the USB ports work so cannot login, (No Mouse Keyboard working at all).

Really strange as it has all been fine during the install. Tried several times with same result, so if anyone could throw me a bone with regards to what might be going wrong I would really appreciate it

forgot to add if I log in via safe mode the USBs work fine as well

Hi,

Sounds like the same problem i had with a HP DC7900, its a simple machine compared with the one your using but by using special kext files for this machine the USB worked. Maybe its worth the try.....

I'm getting my Z800 on monday so i hope you have it fixed by then so i can use your experience with this system.

Good luck!

I had the same problem with my Z800, here is how I fixed it:

Boot safe mode (-x)

- Open finder, navigate to System/Library/Extensions -> Delete AppleHpet.kext Reboot

- MultiBeast->Drivers->USB 3.0 Universal

Build and reboot

Good luck!!

Boot in safe mode using -x

Delete System/Library/Extensions/AppleHpet.kext fixes permissions and reboot... I know that works for 10.8.5

Did you have issues with drives not showing up after booting from a used maverick... It works fine for me when I installed mountain lion. I'm using a z800 with a quadro 5000 card and all sata devices connected to the on board lsi.

I did after 10.9.2, I had to go back to 10.9.1, I saw this note about the patch:

storage drivers updated - TRIM patch will need to be reapplied before or after reboot.

Hello. On my HP Z400 I can get USB ports working only with UseKernelCache=No boot flag. Tried deleting AppleHPET and the machine boots with UseKernelCache=Yes in no time (about 2 sec) and USB ports they work. Of course after half a minute or so the system hangs and I have to force reboot:( The system works without any DSDT. Can someone help me to solve, if possible, this problem? It would be great if I could boot with UseKernelCache=yes. Thank you.

Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me with an issue I am having with my Z800 when trying to update to 10.9.5. Here is what I did:

1) Created a Mavericks bootable USB with Unibeast

2) Installed the Mavericks onto the hard drive

3) On first boot I applied GraphicsEnabler=Yes so that I could get to the main screen.

4) I then install Multibeast Mavericks 6.5.0, I selected Easybeast and made the build. Before rebooting I repaired the disk permissions.

5) On boot I installed from Multibeast: GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I also deleted AppleHpet.kext and installed USB3 kext from multibeast.

6) I downloaded 10.9.5 update combo, I mounted .DMG installed the update and before rebooting I ran Multibeast again and installed Easybeast.

The thing is that when I reboot I get this screen and I am not able to boot into the hard drive, I tried to boot from the Unibeast Mavericks USB to no avail. I also tried to this boot flags:

kext-dev-mode=1, npci=0x2000, maxmem=4096

Could you please guys tell me if I am missing a step. Any insight would be really appreciated.

Regards.

Attachments

• image (10).jpg
    image (10).jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 433
Hi i have the same problem with my z800 have you found any solution:beachball:

thanks alot

My understanding is that you need to roll back some kexts. Apple did an update that prevents the SATA ports from working after 10.9.1. I'll see if I can find the post with the kexts you guys need.

Any luck finding the patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back