CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've spent a lot of time researching my parts list. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered most everything. I read the buyers guide and spent hours verifying my parts were compatible. Now that I've ordered everything and its on its way I am getting nervous.I'm hoping someone who knows a little more about building a Hackintosh could spot check my parts list.
I plan on installing High Sierra. It's all going in a micro ATX. I'm eventually going to add:
I'm pretty confident about all of this working together but I wanted to double check because some of these items, like the Crucial 8GB of RAM and the motherboard I chose, weren't specifically listed in the buyer's guide.

Any help is much appreciated.

Update: I decided to switch to an i5-8400 due to RAM compatibility issues with the motherboard.

Last edited:
My PC-building knowledge is very dated, and I've only built two Hackintoshes. I'm researching components now for my third. Looks like you've got a nice build going. My comments:

1) For most of my builds (PC or Mac), SIMMs/DIMMs had to be installed in matched pairs. Will a single 8GB stick work?

2) In my research, I've consistently seen recommendations for the AMD RX560 or RX580 GPUs because they work out-of-the-box.

3) I'm having a difficult time finding a case I like. I'm curious what case you planned to use.

Last edited:
My PC-building knowledge is very dated, and I've only built two Hackintoshes. I'm researching components now for my third. Looks like you've got a nice build going. My comments:

1) For most of my builds (PC or Mac), SIMMs/DIMMs had to be installed in matched pairs. Will a single 8GB stick work?

2) In my research, I've consistently seen recommendations for the AMD RX560 or RX580 GPUs because they work out-of-the-box.

3) I'm having a difficult time finding a case I like. I'm curious what case you planned to use.

I ordered two of the 8GB sticks. As far as the case goes I really wanted to use a Mini ITX but found there weren't enough PCIE slots available for everything I wanted. I ordered the Fractal Design Mini C case with no window.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...4&cm_re=mini_c_fractal-_-11-352-064-_-Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back