Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
You need to select a CPU that supports the LGA 1155 socket like the Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 in order to use the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Mobo

otherwise select a different motherboard that supports the LGA2011 socket

unless plan do serious video projects on your DAW then the Core i7-3770K with a sh!t load of RAM should be more that ample power performance for any DAW

+ if you are connecting Pro Audio DSP audio interfaces then those interfaces often offload some of the burden from your PC anyway so don't go overkill with your budget ;)

There are very few motherboards out there that have Thunderbolt, some are not even intel certified so not recommended

there is currently no LGA2011 motherboards out there with TB at the time of writing this.

You would need to stick with the tried and tested (on this forum) Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Mobo and the LGA1155 IvyBridge CPU

what do you hope to gain from having a Hexacore CPU on a DAW, you don't even need a graphics card when using an IvyBrige CPU with intergrated HD4000.

If you're going to use your Hackintosh as a Gaming PC, 3D modeling or Large Video projects then the pricey GPU is justified however if you are just building a DAW then you don't need the GPU otherwise GTX650 should suffice.

please check out BoomR on this site, he is a very experienced engineer/musician whom has given invaluable advice on this site to anyone building a DAW

http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/boomr/

Liking the case you have chosen although I would recommend the Fractal Design R4 myself : )

there are very few motherboards out there that have thunderbolt, some are not even intel certified so not recommended

there is currently no lga2011 motherboards out there with tb at the time of writing this.

You would need to stick with the tried and tested (on this forum) gigabyte ga-z77x-up5 th mobo and the lga1155 ivybridge cpu

what do you hope to gain from having a hexacore cpu on a daw, you don't even need a graphics card when using an ivybrige cpu with intergrated hd4000.

If you're going to use your hackintosh as a gaming pc, 3d modeling or large video projects then the pricey gpu is justified however if you are just building a daw then you don't need the gpu otherwise gtx650 should suffice.

Please check out boomr on this site, he is a very experienced engineer/musician whom has given invaluable advice on this site to anyone building a daw

http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/boomr/

liking the case you have chosen although i would recommend the fractal design r4 myself : )

thank you very very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back