Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX970 ACX 2.0
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Recently I was able to get a pretty beast pc rig through work and I've been trying to get my OS of choice on it.

I've been having trouble getting this build to work. I've seen a few posts recommending using a different graphics card for installation and later installing the nvidia drivers but I don't have a graphics card for that option. Some more recent posts seem to have managed to get this build to work without that work around but haven't been clear on what steps they used.

So far I have tried the standard installation with UniBeast, -v nv_disable=1 flags as well as the voodoo kext, and modifying the kernel as suggested here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...x-gtx-970-ga-x99-ud4-yosemite-hackintosh.html

That resulted in several hangs on the install at various places. the most common one was PCI bluetooth start, but at one point I made it to trying to setup a temporary recovery folder but being unable to find it.

Any help or directions to current guides would be greatly appreciated!

I've been having trouble getting this build to work. I've seen a few posts recommending using a different graphics card for installation and later installing the nvidia drivers but I don't have a graphics card for that option. Some more recent posts seem to have managed to get this build to work without that work around but haven't been clear on what steps they used.

It is upto your luck...:D

So far I have tried the standard installation with UniBeast, -v nv_disable=1 flags as well as the voodoo kext, and modifying the kernel as suggested here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...x-gtx-970-ga-x99-ud4-yosemite-hackintosh.html

That resulted in several hangs on the install at various places. the most common one was PCI bluetooth start, but at one point I made it to trying to setup a temporary recovery folder but being unable to find it.

Any help or directions to current guides would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the guide for Haswell-E : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

Boot with including the flag -v and check where your booting is stuck or post photo of the screen. If it is sucking message like Bluetooth Transport etc. Then it may be the graphics problem and you may require a supported GFX card to complete the installation.

Good Luck..!

Alright so made it to getting Yosemite installed, ran multibeast, replaced the kernel etc. I have VT-d and CFG-lock disabled to avoid the bluetooth error but once I get through the verbose log i loose output from the card. Any help?

Alright so made it to getting Yosemite installed, ran multibeast, replaced the kernel etc. I have VT-d and CFG-lock disabled to avoid the bluetooth error but once I get through the verbose log i loose output from the card. Any help?

Have you installed the web driver?
Which version of OS X you are running?? Is it 10.10.3??

I am running 10.10.3, and had the latest web driver. Changing my definitions from 6,1 to 3,1 fixed my problem! I now have everything working except that I have lost ethernet. It works when I boot from USB but not when I boot normally on my SSD. Can't seem to find any similar problems on the site.

I am running 10.10.3, and had the latest web driver. Changing my definitions from 6,1 to 3,1 fixed my problem! I now have everything working except that I have lost ethernet. It works when I boot from USB but not when I boot normally on my SSD. Can't seem to find any similar problems on the site.

Install the proper kext to SSD for your ethernet model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back