Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys! I was wondering if I could maybe get some advice/ideas from you all.

I'm trying to replace the HDD bay converters in my build with hot swap style trays. I'm going from
EZ-Fit PRO MB082SPDual 2.5" HDD & SSD Full Metal Mounting Bracket for 3.5" Drive Bay to
ToughArmor MB992SK-BFull Metal 2 Bay 2.5” SATA HDD & SSD Mobile Rack for 3.5" Device Bay

But the problem is the new one is designed for floppy bays, so the screw mounts aren't quite right.

So I have this problem - Y40Dc19.jpg

The screw holes on the new one are M3 and the old ones are 6-32, so they won't fit. And the rear screws also need to sit back further than the new unit will allow.

I was thinking about using this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G56ZNZU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 and cutting off the sides and JB Welding them to the side of the new unit, and shaving a bit of plastic off the insides of the G5 HDD Caddy.

Do you guys have any better ideas?

Thank you all!

I would just transfer the hole pattern to the adapter and tap the new hole using an M3 thread tap.

Edit: I see that you're going to the sorter adapter now. If memory serves me correctly one of the G5 Drives can slide in directly and the other goes in at a funny angle and straightens out as you slide it in. The one with the shorter screw pattern should go in the position that goes straight in no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back