Contribute
Register

Help with mountain lion hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha no, I installed SL in order to have a Mac to create or try to create a unibeast for ML

Please review what you've done so far, what version you're installing, what you installed via Multibeast, etc. The post above are very confusing.

Not to mention what your end-goal is given that your graphics chip is not supported.

Well my goal is to have a working ML and dual boot with windows... To use OS for mainly the college (documents, web browsing, etc) and Windows for playing/watching movies (so I guess I should have a common partition? Maybe FAT32 but it is very slow...)
so right now I'm in SL with iboot because I had problems with booting witouth disk (it kept? Don't know how to say it in English, rebooting witouth starting from the HD, therefore I couldn't see the bootloader) so I install it on MBR and I see the bootloader (can enter, still need the iboot but that is no big deal, I think is kext or dsdt problem), and I'm trying to make a bootable USB using unibeast to install ML
EDIT: I installed Chamaleon on the Unibeast USB and make it pass throught the loading kexts.. But know I'm stock at the apple logo and in verbose it says "transcript offline- buffer pool allocate 181000 failed" and no more... What should I do?
(Just wondering, what does vanilla means? I saw some people saying make you hackintosh more vanilla?)
EDIT2: In -x it gets stuck at DSMOS has arrived

Well my goal is to have a working ML and dual boot with windows... To use OS for mainly the college (documents, web browsing, etc) and Windows for playing/watching movies (so I guess I should have a common partition? Maybe FAT32 but it is very slow...)
so right now I'm in SL with iboot because I had problems with booting witouth disk (it kept? Don't know how to say it in English, rebooting witouth starting from the HD, therefore I couldn't see the bootloader) so I install it on MBR and I see the bootloader (can enter, still need the iboot but that is no big deal, I think is kext or dsdt problem), and I'm trying to make a bootable USB using unibeast to install ML
EDIT: I installed Chamaleon on the Unibeast USB and make it pass throught the loading kexts.. But know I'm stock at the apple logo and in verbose it says "transcript offline- buffer pool allocate 181000 failed" and no more... What should I do?
(Just wondering, what does vanilla means? I saw some people saying make you hackintosh more vanilla?)
EDIT2: In -x it gets stuck at DSMOS has arrived

I'm just not sure what the point is if your graphics (HD2000) are not supported. Do you?

All this is because I'm tired of windows and its problems (registry and stuff) I have used Linux and is pretty sweet, is very different but you can get the track and it gets cool... But I have always wanted to have Mac because is more unix based, and not unix alike (like Linux) and it is more commercial, therefore I have more programs and I would love to have iTunes, iLife (GarageBand and I movie mainly) on Mac or Linux, but the darling (the app like wine, for running Mac OSX programs in Linux) is very basic, so right now I can't use it for those programs. That's why I want Mac, but mainly for use it on college witouth problems, power point/keynote, word/pages, witouth all the problems I get on windows
But I get it difficult (I had made a hackintosh of my previous desktop and I remember it was not so hard on SL) so I'm guessing I will stick on Windows/Linux until I buy a new PC :/
Edit: how well is your laptop? The Hp Probook? It recognize all out of the box? Or should I need to find kexts?

Edit: how well is your laptop? The Hp Probook? It recognize all out of the box? Or should I need to find kexts?

ProBook is very easy to setup. If you follow the guide, it is literally easier/faster than installing Windows on the same machine.

All this is because I'm tired of windows and its problems (registry and stuff) I have used Linux and is pretty sweet, is very different but you can get the track and it gets cool... But I have always wanted to have Mac because is more unix based, and not unix alike (like Linux) and it is more commercial, therefore I have more programs and I would love to have iTunes, iLife (GarageBand and I movie mainly) on Mac or Linux, but the darling (the app like wine, for running Mac OSX programs in Linux) is very basic, so right now I can't use it for those programs. That's why I want Mac, but mainly for use it on college witouth problems, power point/keynote, word/pages, witouth all the problems I get on windows
But I get it difficult (I had made a hackintosh of my previous desktop and I remember it was not so hard on SL) so I'm guessing I will stick on Windows/Linux until I buy a new PC :/

Hey bro, are you still active in the forum? I have some doubts i would like to consult with you if you have time to.
I would like to install Yosemite in my VIT P3400-02 and i'm not really sure how appropriate would it be. I could prescind from having wireless (wifi/bluetooth) and touchpad but i would like to have the regular LAN connection and the HDMI active. I'm graphic designer and i currently use a MBP but i need a backup machine where i could be able to run Adobe software. As i understood you use/used a VIT laptop, would you please tell me about your experience? I send you my infinite thanks in advanced for your help. Greetings from Anzoátegui!

Last edited:
Epa hermano, sigues activo en el foro? Tengo unas dudas que me gustaría consultarte si dispones de tiempo.
Quisiera instalar Yosemite en una VIT P3400-02 y realmente no se cuan viable pueda ser. Puedo prescindir de ciertas cosas como la red inalámbrica (wifi/bluetooth) y el touchpad pero me gustaría que funcione la conexión de red convencional y no estaría demás que la salida HDMI se pueda habilitar. Soy diseñador y uso un MBP pero necesito una máquina de soporte donde pueda ejecutar Adobe. Entiendo que usas/usaste una laptop VIT, me puedes dar tus referencias? Demás está decir que agradezco infinitamente tu ayuda. Saludos desde Anzoátegui!

Please read the rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

English only.

Please edit your post to comply with the rules. If you don't, it will be removed.

Please read the rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

English only.

Please edit your post to comply with the rules. If you don't, it will be removed.

Oh! You are completely right mate, i apologize. I had not read the rules before this (my bad). I'm going to edit the post right now, thanks in advanced for your support, i've found a lot of invaluable information here and this is the main reason i finally step forward to hackintosh a computer. Back in 2010 this was just impossible for me to achieve, but the hackintosh project has considerably advanced as i've seen on this community, i really appreciate this initiative, thanks a lot.

Hey bro, are you still active in the forum? I have some doubts i would like to consult with you if you have time to.
I would like to install Yosemite in my VIT P3400-02 and i'm not really sure how appropriate would it be. I could prescind from having wireless (wifi/bluetooth) and touchpad but i would like to have the regular LAN connection and the HDMI active. I'm graphic designer and i currently use a MBP but i need a backup machine where i could be able to run Adobe software. As i understood you use/used a VIT laptop, would you please tell me about your experience? I send you my infinite thanks in advanced for your help. Greetings from Anzoátegui!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back