Register

Help with Motherboard - I5-8600k, RX 570 PULSE 8192MB, 32gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
I5-8600k
Graphics
RADEON RX 570 PULSE 8192MB
I'm looking to build a machine in the next few weeks to run dual boot Mac, one on Sierra (compatibility with my office) and another on Mojave.

I have a budget of around $1500 (£1200). It will be mainly be used for FCP editing and possibly DaVinci Resolve and remoting into my office.

I'm looking to base around the I5-8600k, mainly for budget but will look to upgrade to I9 in the future.

- CX 750W MODULAR '80 PLUS BRONZE'
- DARK ROCK PRO 4 CPU COOLER
- Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV X DIGITAL MIDI TOWER
- RADEON RX 570 PULSE 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD
- TeamGroup VULCAN T-FORCE 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHZ
- Samsung - 970 EVO POLARIS 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-E 3.0 X4 NVME SOLID STATE DRIVE
- TEAMGROUP 1TB L5 LITE SSD 2.5" SATA 6GBPS 3D NAND SOLID STATE DRIVE

I'm looking to slightly future proof the build, and looking for good connectivity. I'm struggling to choose a Motherboard. Will the Gigabyte Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING 2.0.
Or would I be better to go for the hi-end Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER.

Any advice on the build and and the motherboard, very much welcome.

Since Hackintosh based on Z390 is still a work in progress and I wanted a fully functional system to rely on, I went with the Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (plus Sapphire Nitro RX570 and 8700K). It is a popular board with excellent connectivity and solid VRAM that should perform well with Intel's 9th gen CPUs, too. HackaShaq's guide is a good starting point, with only few modifications required for Mojave: USB (see jb007's USB Patch and Apple USB Power Patch Mini Guide and following discussion) and headless iGPU configuration depending on the SMBIOS you are using (some pointers here, but it is also currently being discussed in HackaShaq's build thread). I am using iMac18,3 SMBIOS, works well with 10.14.2.

Last edited:
Since Hackintosh based on Z390 is still a work in progress and I wanted a fully functional system to rely on, I went with the Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (plus Sapphire Nitro RX570 and 8700K). It is a popular board with excellent connectivity and solid VRAM that should perform well with Intel's 9th gen CPUs, too. HackaShaq's guide is a good starting point, with only few modifications required for Mojave: USB (see jb007's USB Patch and Apple USB Power Patch Mini Guide and following discussion) and headless iGPU configuration depending on the SMBIOS you are using (some pointers here, but it is also currently being discussed in HackaShaq's build thread). I am using iMac18,3 SMBIOS, works well with 10.14.2.

Thanks e-tronic. Some good points, and HachaShaq guide looks very similar to what I hope to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back